[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can Poor People Afford to have a Child?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: download (1).jpg (7 KB, 218x231) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
7 KB, 218x231
My friend just got his current girlfriend of 3 months pregnant. He's an ex heroin addict felon. She's has a few DUIs, I think, and she is also an ex heroin addict, although she's still taking Suboxone, which she's been on for like 6 years now. He can't even afford his own rent, and she can't finish school now, like it matters anyway because she's flunking out. He lives in a halfway house. He already has a daughter with another baby mama, who has 3 other kids, from 3 different guys, including him. He and his current girlfriend sell weed together, he works at a pizza place, and she works in catering sometimes. I told him to get abortion, and they aren't doing that, and he said he would make it work, even though he knows he's fucked. I told him to give it up for adoption. He's 25, she's 26. They haven't told any of the parents yet. He can't even afford his own daughter who's almost 7 now. And I'm pretty sure his parents won't help him and I'm also pretty sure her parents will be upset. So what do you guys think?

They have a fucked up relationship too, and I feel like she trapped him with this baby. He describes their relationship as fighting and fucking. But he's been unfaithful to her when he gets mad at her, and she has cheated on him in the past and does other weird shit with him now. He's even put a GPS tracker in her car. So again I ask, what do you think he should do with the baby situation?
>>
This thread is going to get many replies. I'd say abort it or put it up for adoption. The kid will have a crappy life if they try to keep it.
>>
>can poor people afford to have a child
You have the question ass-backwards OP. Poor people by definition are too poor to afford contraception, abortion or have the luxury for family planning in general. That is why poor people have so many fucking children.
>>
Poor people shouldn't have children and this will more than likely go shit up.

It's a silly question OP. I know as I am from these peoples ilk.

The child will.be just as disappointing as his irresponsible parents in the future more than likely.

Aborting is probably the choice for society and the kid.
>>
>>16988234
But its fucking easy to go to planned parenthood or a goverment clinic to get free contraception or at least cheap condoms. Being poor is not an excuse anymore.
>>
>>16988194
>Can Poor People Afford to have a Child?

Sure they can, and fyi the vast majority of the people on earth are poor by U.S. or Eurofag standards, yet they manage to have lots of babies who grow up and live happy, rewarding lives.

It's a materialist US myth that you have to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to properly raise a child.
>>
>>16988248
No you don't need hundreds of thousands of dollars. You only need not be a piece of shit who lacks self control. Poor people in the west generally breed criminals.

Seriously go to any poor community white, black, or Latino and look at those people and how they treat their kids and each other.
>>
>>16988247
>But its fucking easy to go to planned parenthood or a goverment clinic to get free contraception or at least cheap condom

No, no it fucking isn't. What kind of rock are you hiding under to not see the argy bargy over the contraception mandate and war on planned parenthood happening?
>>
>>16988194
Hey OP, here. I like the info guys. Thank ypu. But I forgot to add one more thing. They plan on getting married eventually, and I just don't see it happening.
>>
>>16988269
Unfortunately this. This is what happens when the political right gets in the way of contraception. And yet people vote for them.
>>
>ex heroin addict
>felon
>a few DUIs
>also an ex heroin addict
>flunking out
has a daughter with another baby mama

By the sounds of it, the money isn't the main issue here, it's that your friend and his girlfriend both belong in the fucking garbage. Guarantee that any kid they have together will be a disaster. Nothing you can do but sit back and watch this slow-motion trainwreck.
>>
You should not try to raise a child until you are sure you will be financially secure enough to pay for everything it will need. I won't ever get a child unless i'm making a decent amount of money.

There isn't really any point in reading into it any further than this. Just wait until you have the financial situation figured out.
>>
>>16988289
Not shit you can do about that. I'm right leaning myself and would love to see a state at least try to pay people to get sterilized.

I think you'd see alot of undesirables disappear at the point. I can only wish though sadly as this shit will never happen.
>>
>>16988298
Kek, OP, here. Is it selfish of me that I actually want them to fail? I've tried helping his sorry ass too many times, and everyone including me has told him to break up with her and to focus on himself. Doesn't like listening very much.
>>
>>16988218
OP, here. This. A thousand times this. But like I said, he just won't listen. He should be focusing on himself. He's in drug court too, so he's still on probation. And might get sent back to this pre-release center or jail, if he can't afford rent at his halfway house, which he cant. And that halfway house is a shithole too.
>>
I need more advice. Bump
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.