[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/, I split up yesterday with my gf. Today she was sending
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1449383825653.jpg (286 KB, 2048x1258) Image search: [Google]
1449383825653.jpg
286 KB, 2048x1258
Hey /adv/,
I split up yesterday with my gf.

Today she was sending messages to me and crying on the phone, wanting me back, saying she'll change for me, that I'm the most important person in her life and she can't live without me, she loves me like no other, she wants the best of me. I split up with her because I am unhappy with her, because everytime we argued and forgave each other the whole thing went full circle and after 2 weeks or 2 months it started again. I lost myself in this relationship and became a robot (I was no longer happy, emotionless, lost my fun character, tried to be serious to suit hers, cut loose from all my friends).

She is not a bad person, she is going through lots of trouble in her life and she is lonely which makes me feel guilty. I told her I'll meet her in an hour to listen to her and she gets one chance to talk.

Do you believe in second chances?
All my friends and family are telling me to end it because the relationship is poisonous and it's not worth it because in a year the same thing is going to happen again. Because if we are arguing over petty stuff and feeling depressed now, in the future when real problems occur things are going to be worst.
I'm going through a guilt trip at the moment.
Have you been through anything similar?
>>
Let. Her. Go.
She is not worth your time, and your relationship will never be the same again.
Sometimes you just gotta be a dick, and only think about what's best for yourself.
There are plenty of other girls out there, and I'm 100% sure you will find another girl that will make you happier.

Good luck OP.
>>
If everyone close to you is telling you to end it, then I would definitely say end it.

But if you won't listen to them, its highly unlikely what we will say will make any difference.
>>
Don't end it, give her an ultimatum. Date her on like a probation and if she really cares about you after a month talk to her about any issues you have and THEN if there is problems end it with her so it's not a doubt in either of your minds that you could have been.
>>
>>16987328
Oh, also I really liked a girl but she was very PC so I broke it off. 2 years and I still daydream about her. I didn't give her a chance although if we were close she migh not have been a problem. I miss her
>>
>cut loose from all my friends

There's no debate OP, you cut her off right the fuck now.
>>
>>16987110
>I split up with her because I am unhappy with her, because everytime we argued and forgave each other the whole thing went full circle and after 2 weeks or 2 months it started again. I lost myself in this relationship and became a robot (I was no longer happy, emotionless, lost my fun character, tried to be serious to suit hers
Sounds like a classic case of dead relationship.
>cut loose from all my friends
Fix your friendships. Don't ever give up a friend for a romantic interest, it's not worth it and if she's right for you, it won't be necessary.
>All my friends and family are telling me to end it because the relationship is poisonous and it's not worth it
They're probably right.

>Do you believe in second chances?
Yes. Never too late to change, you'd be surprised what's possible with enough willpower.
But frankly, how hard do you want to try? How much blood, sweat, and tears is she worth?
You'll have to decide that for yourself.

Personally, I'd suggest giving her another chance if you're this uncertain about it. Better for your sanity, since you won't be wondering years later whether she could actually have changed, whether you were too quick to break up, etc. You'll be able to look back and confidently say "I tried my best, it just wasn't possible between us."
>>
No. Don't do it. I was in exactly the same situation. Trust me, it's better to go ahead and cut contact. She'll survive and eventually be happy again. But you've already been emotionally damaged by this girl, and you need time to heal.

Look at it this way: You've already determined that she's not the one for you. But somewhere out there, there IS someone for you, and if you go back to this girl, you're just robbing the actual one for you of more time. Any time you spend with this girl you broke things off with is time you could be getting back to yourself, mending damage, improving things, fixing friendships, and finding someone better. Don't waste the only time you have.
>>
>>16987110
Take your time. See how your mood is doing when your alone. If you're happier without she, you should stay alone. Love is difficult. See in the next days/weeks/months if she change in life when you two are not in relashion. If it, you can think of giving her a second chance. But you will have to trust her
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.