[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I started my first job yesterday, in the back of a restaurant.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1452983882088.png (446 KB, 396x724) Image search: [Google]
1452983882088.png
446 KB, 396x724
I started my first job yesterday, in the back of a restaurant. I've been slouching in a desk chair for the past few years and standing for ~7 hours straight gave me lower back pains throughout the day.

What the fuck should I do? I'm carrying ibuprofen with me today, but I don't know if it will help much.
>>
Go to any uniform store and buy a back brace (the kind with straps that Velcro's around your torso, not the kind that looks like armor) if there are none near you buy online. It'll suck at first but it does get easier after a few weeks. Try to keep yourself busy.
>>
>>16984878
You could suck it up and stop being such a little bitch. Pain is a part of life, get used to it.
>>
Don't take the ibuprofen, it will hurt even with it and it is not good for the internal bits.

Those back braces will ease the pain a bit, but don't wear it forever. Your back needs to learn to support itself with muscles. The pain will go away in 3-4 days, maybe a week if you have been sedentary for a very long time. Wear the flattest shoes you can find (no heel), this will help you while doing prep. Heels are inherently bad for the spine (even 1/2 inch is bad).

Source: Former chef, now med student
>>
Google pigeon yoga stretch. Do that shit everyday.
>>
stretch op
those muscles haven't been used in a while you need to stretch them out. it'll get easier every day, give it a week before you don't feel it anymore
>>
Squeeze your glutes, flex your abs, set your hips, lock your ribcage, rotate your quads outward, shift your weight to the outer rim of your feet and heels. Make your combat stance your everyday stance.
Kelly Starrett, MobilityWOD
>>
>>16984878
I get back pain all the time because my posture is atrocious and I do nothing to remedy the situation

SO let me give you some advice!

Mind your posture, sitting and standing. Don't slouch. It gets easier the more you do it and eventually you won't even have to think about it. Don't spend too much time in one position. Keeping mobile, moving around and activating the muscles will keep them from seizing up and getting sore

Be sure to stretch at the end of the day as well

Taking pain meds just hides the pain and doesn't solve the root causes, which puts you at risk of making it worse. Better to solve the problem than to hide it.
>>
File: Deadlifts-1.jpg (124 KB, 900x593) Image search: [Google]
Deadlifts-1.jpg
124 KB, 900x593
Go to a gym and start deadlifting. Start with just the bar so you don't fuck up your back, then add weights incrementally every week or so. Deadlifts are amazing for fixing posture and developing a strong lower back, just don't fuck yourself up in the process.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.