[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I date my best friend?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: de8.jpg (19 KB, 400x320) Image search: [Google]
de8.jpg
19 KB, 400x320
I'm 21 years old and I've realized that this is as hot as I will ever be. I have never had a boyfriend and I don't enjoy too much men's attention.

I have a friend who is ok looking, funny, stable, educated, wants children and he really likes me. We have known each others for years and we do everything together. We go to dinners together, we watch movies together, basically the only thing separating us from a couple is that we don't have sex. It has been close a few times though and we've kissed in the past.

I have never been in love but I know that I don't love him really in a romantic way. I care about him a lot, but I don't feel big passion towards him.

I just don't think I'll ever find anyone "better." It's not easy to find men who like me anyway and he has seen the good, bad and ugly but but still stays by my side.

Should I just stop hoping for impossible to happen and go for it?
>>
>>16984091
>I don't feel big passion towards him

Hmmm

I think you just answered your own question
>>
>>16984091
Getting ready to settle at 21? Ouch. Maybe you should try doing some things you've always wanted to and then deciding if settling is a good plan.
>>
That's not exactly fair to him, is it?
>you have been friendzoned
>but you're still here
>disappointed sigh
>I'll take you

Conversely, maybe love grows. Take it slow. But you are settin yourself up for an affair or divorce when you find "the one" who you immediately feel a passionate sexual interest in. You'll tell yourself it's love and shit when it's lust.
TL; DR: bitch move, too young to settle
>>
>>16984149
>Conversely, maybe love grows

I think they're actually in that stage, where they've developed a connection simply due to time spent together.

I guess it could work, but I think if OP's desperate enough to settle forever with someone she doesn't love, she's desperate enough to try a dating service.

If she's never had her heart skip a beat, I suspect she hasn't met enough guys.
>>
Difference between compassionate and passionate love.
You are in compassioante love. That means the "hot" metal has cooled, but the relationship is stronger.

You will never find the "perfect" one. You will eventually find one you are comfortable with and you will have to settle for them. Try it with your friend, you never know.
>>
Ill look at this from psychological way, and will put it as short as possible.

there're different shapes and types of love.
It can be purely erotical, and sex based or it can be pure friendship. and love has nothing to do with sexual life, it can exist with or without it depending on the type.

I mean, I've loved someone and we had sex almost everyday, and I've been in love with a person with who I enjoyed chilling and playing vidia gamez while talking laughting and chilling in general.

so if you feel like you care about him, then yeah go for it.
you dont seem like the type who's unsure about it 21 is a lot of time, and if you havent loved anyone but you love him, then yeah go for it .
>>
You have a relationship. You want to add sex to the relationship. That's all. Nothing to right home about. Just tell him, and he'll say It's about time.
Don't let sex ruin your friendship, keep doing all the friend things you were doing before and just do sex inbetween. alright fine, you're right, you will have to vote out some of the things you did before to make room for sex, because you'll want lots of sex, if it's something new. like a new car that you wash every week, eventually the sex will slow down and find a balance. communicate your feelings. tell him, this could be a serious relationship if _________. but only if the sex is good.
>>
>>16984149
>when you find "the one"
>2016
>still believing in the tooth fairy

If you want a "one" you have to find a guy first, and start subtracting until you get to one.
Say he's an 8/10, you need to tale away 7 to make him the one.
If you go looking for ones, you're gonna be disappoint.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.