[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it that when i look at girls they look back it me blankly,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: Miranda-Kerr-1.jpg (35 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
Miranda-Kerr-1.jpg
35 KB, 650x366
Why is it that when i look at girls they look back it me blankly, almost angrily. Why do they never approach me and initiate conversation

I'm 18 year old
>>
>>16983332
Hard to say man are all like that towards you?
>>
>>16983332
Are you physically attractive?
>>
Sounds like you're creeping. Girls rarely ever approach. Get a hobby and work from there
>>
>>16983332
A girl will almost never approach you, even if you look like Brad Pitt, so get that out of your head right now.
You are probably staring and people don't like that. Try smiling at them and saying hello.
>>
>>16983336
Idk man, i'm not fat or anything i look a bit nerdy but that's it
>>
>>16983332
Don't look at them.
>>
>>16983343
build up a poker face
>>
>>16983337
>>16983338
>creeping, staring

no if i look at there face for a few seconds they look back at me angrily
>>
>>16983343
Nerdy in what way?
>>
>>16983355
how else am i suppost to get a gf
>>
Are you mistaking neutral (read: not smiling) faces as hostile?
>>
>>16983360
A few seconds is still staring.
I used to do it to. You aren't aware that you're doing it for as long as you are.
>>
>>16983368
This may also be a possibly and it is a sign of autism.
>>
>>16983364
Do something risky. My first girlfriend was the result of something that I thought was extremely moronic at the time.
>>
>>16983332
simple op, you creep them out.
>>
>>16983368
i get the impression they don't like me and i find it very saddening, because i want a gf badly
>>
>>16983373
what did you do, i've thought of this but it's very make it or break it
>>
If I'm in a public place and I notice someone looking at me, one time is fine. I look around at people a lot so I get it, it happens. My face tends to be neutral for this.

But if I notice someone, especially a guy, and I end up locking eyes a lot, I tend to get progressively more disgusted-looking, and if they don't look away very quickly it can be annoying. It comes off as creepy, either thirsty or like they have a problem with me.
>>
You're being hyper sensitive, get it out of your head. But also just chill and do your thing.
>>
>>16983395
>It comes off as creepy, either thirsty or like they have a problem with me.

only if you find him unattractive, admit it. If it were chad who you caught staring you would get all estrogen and giggly
>>
>>16983360
girl here

if a guy blankly looks at me for more than half a second without smiling or making some kind of interaction, i consider it being creepy/sexualizing me and get angry. this reaction happens because so many guys will just blatantly stare at a woman's body/face for AGES like we're their fucking property, and it's really rape-y and uncomfortable, especially if we're alone. sure youre not DOING anything wrong, but because so many women are raped, assaulted, or harassed, it often makes us afraid, uneasy, and usually angry to be stared at. ive caught so many people staring at my ass, it's unreal. happens at least three times a week and i dont even go outside that much. so yeah when we get mad at you we're making assumptions, but they're based on a very real fear.
>>
>>16983332
If a dude looks at me:
- I'm thinking about something or focused on something. I've had multiple instances where I was so wrapped up in my head that I passed by a friend while looking at them without my brain realizing/recognizing
- Anything longer than a quick, normal glance and I assume the guy thinks I'm weird, gross, something on my face, etc, so I either get worried or defensive looking
>>
>>16983413

Chads all look like entitled rapists to me, so no.
Guys who look like robots and Chads are both gross. More normal dudes who look nerdy leaning (like actually nerdy, not like they just play DOTA casually), are my faves.
But even a guy who looks like this type...it's not acceptable to stare. Staring without any communication is fucking weird as hell and makes me assume you're rapey or woman hatey.
>>
>>16983424
they're afraid of being raped by a skinny 18 year old with glasses..?
>>
>>16983424
I've never understood this, even after talking about it with a self-proclaimed feminist. How does looking at women imply they're property? Genuinely asking by the way.
>>
>>16983390
I was getting ice cream with a couple friends at a local store, and they called some other people so we could meet them there. It was a group of like 5 girls and 2 guys, and we met in the parking lot.

Like four of the girls went to get ice cream, and when they came back, one of them said something to me like "Hey anon, anonette thinks you're cute!"

I gave what I remember to be this really awkward smile and said I thought she was cute too, and one of the girls that were with her (who was kind of loud and annoying, to be honest) said that I should hold her hand and tell her that she "looks so damn fine," or something like that. I was pretty sure that she was kidding, but I just wasn't taking the whole situation seriously, so I just decided to do it in front of everybody we were with (which was like 10 people).

Then while we were leaving I gave her a hug and asked for her snapchat, and she messaged me later that night. It was awkward talking to her casually at first, but after that we were together for about a year and a half.

I don't even know why I did it, because I am pretty shy and introverted most of the time. The fact that I had some friends who weren't socially retarded like me helped me out a lot, which is what I recommend that you do. Having social circles makes it easier to find grills.
>>
>>16983449

Not that anon, but I understand the feeling of being looked at like meat. It's weird and gross.
>>
>>16983451
She was already interested in you, it was just a matter of reeling her in
>>
>>16983424
Tits or GTFO
>>
>>16983430
>Staring without any communication is fucking weird as hell and makes me assume you're rapey or woman hatey.

Maybe they want a gf, you should approach and talk
>>
>>16983454
but that's essentially what you are, a piece of meat. Honestly if you disregard the needs of people i think it's fair for them to have a good stare
>>
>>16983458
go back to /b/ faggot
>>
>>16983457
Yeah, but I didn't get attention from any girls whatsoever until a few years or so ago, and even when I did I could never reel them in.

You could actually be a more attractive person than you think, it's just a matter of putting yourself out there and getting social capital.

Staring at people you don't know would scare off anyone.

>>16983459
No, girls are usually more afraid of making the first move than men
>>
>>16983499
>something i thought was moronic at the time

when you said that, i was thinking more along the lines of something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x0-bqFMhVg
>>
>>16983499
>girls are usually more afraid of making the first move than men
would you consider throwing hints left and right that they are interested in you "making a move"?
>>
File: spotted.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
spotted.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
Male here,

I'm guilty of this (a little), but I stare at everyone, because I like to study people/environment. I realize it is not really polite but if women are assuming I am going to rape them I think that is also wrong. It's like me assuming black kids are going to steal from my store because they are in my store.

I guess for me, what it comes down to is: If a woman were to stare at me I would not come to the same conclusions. I think that is the heart of the whole patriarchy/feminism issue. One gender should get all the rights and benefits of the other.

BTW .webm is not what I do.
>>
>>16983542
kek she knows he's filming
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.