[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Parenting advice please!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Stressedmum-600x420.jpg (55 KB, 600x420) Image search: [Google]
Stressedmum-600x420.jpg
55 KB, 600x420
So, I've never seen any parenting advice on here and I'm not even sure if this is the right board. I'm sorry if it is. Here's my problem... I am a single mom of 4 boys, the oldest is 10. I divorced their dad a couple years ago because he was extremely abusive. My 10 year old unfortunately grew up seeing his dad treat me like shit and now he is completely unruly himself. He definitely has a good side but most the time he acts like a pre-teen girl. He has a horrible attitude and is so disrespectful. I'm at a loss of what to do with him because he already has really low self-esteem and I don't want to make it worse.
>>
There might be worse places to ask for parenting advice than 4chan, but offhand, I can't think of any.

Aren't there mommyblogs for that sort of thing?
>>
>>16983025

probably needs a male figure in his life.

start baiting a beta provider already.
>>
yeah, i know. i just figured there are some pretty fucked up guys on here that might have gone through the same thing and they can tell me what not to do.. lmao
>>
He has a grandpa and I have a live-in boyfriend but he is just plain disrespectful to both.
>>
If I had been disrespectful to an adult at age 10, my mother would have spanked the shit out of me.
>>
>>16983025
Show him more love and attention. Spare more of your time for him and him alone. All he wants from you as you're the most important person in his life is some love and care.
Do things you'd do with 10 year olds. Go out eat some ice cream. Go to the playground, go cycling with him. Take the younger ones too.

When it's night time go to his room and talk about how his day was, before he goes to sleep. Ask him about his feelings, about what happened about what's important for him.

For me it surely sounds like you're neglecting him and he's just being rebellious to get some attention. Give him and your other kids the attention they need BEFORE they act like shit.
>>
Get some professional help from a child psycholog. a divorce and having an abusive dad will fuck a kid up big time. I'm speaking from experience. Imo, the best advice is quality time with him AND making sure to ALWAYS make sure that if you have to adress his behaviour you make him feel that you aren't pleased with his actions but that this fact changes NOTHING on the fact that you love him unconditionally
>>
>>16983046
>start baiting a beta provider already.
Terrible advice. Stepfathers are NOT good for children, period.
>>
>>16984258
Honestly I agree with this guy. You're going to grow apart from him if you don't talk to him. It happened with me and I barely have a relationship with my family at all now because after a certain age I just stopped interacting with them for the most part.

Looking back on it, it's kind of sad.
>>
Make him fall on love with you. You must have gotten preggo young. Start being nice to him, seduce him just don't go trough with it. Repay god good behaviour by wearing revealing clothing and such, he's about the right age. Don't abuse him just make him appreciate the mother he's got. Get close to him physically, talk to him about girls etc.
As for the little ones, indoctrinate them to become wage earners and instill in them the need to help out in the home financialy.
>>
Had I disrespected my mother when I was ten I would have gotten the shit spanked out of me
>>
File: IMG_20160220_145058.jpg (9 KB, 193x199) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160220_145058.jpg
9 KB, 193x199
>>16984273
NOT TRUE
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.