[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok I am scared because I cant control my panic attacks in public.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: hiding-out.jpg (115 KB, 431x278) Image search: [Google]
hiding-out.jpg
115 KB, 431x278
Ok I am scared because I cant control my panic attacks in public. I live alone and dont have a car so I have to walk everywhere. I had an episode today on the bus where I freaked out that someone touched me and I threw my drink at him and just started screaming and shaking. I cant see my therapist for 3 months due to some insurance BS. What do I do? I cant go to one of those phych places because thats where I was sexually assulted and its too traumatic plus I need to be able to get things done with school daily.
>>
Did I accidently load tumblr instead of 4chan? No?

You need to get a friend to go out with you and after several trips your panic and anxiety will hopefully be reduced to the point you can control it. A form of CBT maybe.
>>
Geez you are broken as fuck. Nobody here can help you. See a professional immediately, how do you even function?
>>
>>16983000
What if you dont have friends that live in your area? I like to hang out in my house but I need internet for my laptop which I cant afford and I need to get groceries, go to school, sell my plasma, collect cans every night, and take the mail to my grandma at least twice a week.
>>
Just bee urself :^)
>>
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is good for anxiety and depression.

Feeling Good by David Burns has some mental exercises to help. I think you can get a pdf by googling.
That's not a specific thing, but it could help generally.

I get mild to not-so-fucking-mild social anxiety and the thought exercise things have helped me with constant insecurity etc.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.