[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's wrong with me? - 21 years old - Two digits of bed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: aJLE3Zf.png (137 KB, 453x668) Image search: [Google]
aJLE3Zf.png
137 KB, 453x668
What's wrong with me?

- 21 years old
- Two digits of bed partners
- Enough money to do whatever I want
- I'd say I'm an 8/10 to look at (hard to judge for myself desu)
- Never had any sense of empathy
- All my life, emotion has been absent like my feelings are constantly in a neutral state
- I have a shit ton of friends
- I love drugs as they actually make me feel stuff

- I have the feeling that I don't know how love feels. I've been in love, sure, but after my last GF I don't think I'll be able to feel that way again, as in, I'm pretty much scarred and lost hope
- The only way I actually know how to show love is through sex and by being less self-destructive
- Music is the only thing I truly feel emotion by and I love making it
- I don't want to go around saying I'm depressed cause I don't think I am
- Not satisfied by life in general, I always feel like I carry around some heavy burden but I don't know what

- Sometimes though, I think my life is pretty cool and I wouldn't trade it for anything (this is mostly on drugs)
- I work for charity, probably as some failed attempt at redemption, even though in the end I know I'm ripping people off as I get paid to do that shit
- I follow an international study as it's intriguing to see how other people handle life
- The emotions I show to people are mostly a facade and I'm just saying things that are appropriate in the situation, I don't actually feel what I say
- I'm indecisive about everything in my life and I actually feel my lack of motivation for anything burning in my stomach like a wildfire in a hollow
- All the shit going on in the world currently makes me feel like it's not worth it at all, I've definitely already lost hope in the human race and I just don't get how people can be so ignorant about what matters in life

I'm just looking for tips to improve my quality of life and get rid of my self-loathing. Maybe some of you feel or have felt similarly to me.

Also, what's wrong with me?
>>
Psychology board?
>>
Anyone?
>>
>>16982306
If you're still here OP, it sounds like schizoid personality disorder. These statements in particular:
>All my life, emotion has been absent like my feelings are constantly in a neutral state
>Not satisfied by life in general, I always feel like I carry around some heavy burden but I don't know what
>I work for charity, probably as some failed attempt at redemption
>The emotions I show to people are mostly a facade and I'm just saying things that are appropriate in the situation, I don't actually feel what I say
>I actually feel my lack of motivation for anything burning in my stomach
are all pretty textbook schizoid. Go see a professional, schizoid isn't treatable with advice. Generally requires extensive therapy.

And damn there's a lot of schizoids on here. I suppose it supports the theory that schizoid is much more common than the literature value (mainly among men, schizoid women are extremely rare) because the vast majority don't seek help.
>>
sounds like a classic case of emotional unavailability. this usually comes along with a psych diagnosis, so you might want to consult a therapist and get to work. it'll take a long time but it's worth it to work with them.
for now, check out anything on the internet you can find about emotional unavailability. there are a ton of books and real articles about it, because it's a really common problem. a lot of it is written for people who are in a relationship with someone who's emotionally unavailable, but there's still a lot to gain from them. good luck OP.
>>
Thanks guys
I've also been wondering for myself what it could be, and I always ended up at psychopathy.

It's also worth noting that in my past, I've been diagnosed with Aspergers, ADHD and Tourettes, but none of these hinder my daily functioning and seem to have faded over time (as I can be extremely extrovert, social and confident and generally have a calm and kind personality)
>>
Before you read I'd like to make a disclaimer:
the following is partly controversial and is not in any way meant to make anyone do anything which would be unwise.
however it is my personal conclusion to a lot of problems with the human condition and society in general.

I'm 20 and I'm currently struggling with the same kind of things, for years already.
I could probably write a whole essay on my view but i'll try to keep it short and state only things I am pretty certain about.
>The emotions I show to people are mostly a facade and I'm just saying things that are appropriate in the situation, I don't actually feel what I say

A lot of people actually do this, most people are just unaware of it.
However not saying how you stand on something means you filter yourself causing the burden you feel (all the things you think about/feel but don't say).
Get rid of your filter and see how it affects you.

>I'm indecisive about everything in my life and I actually feel my lack of motivation for anything burning in my stomach like a wildfire in a hollow.
the problem with indecisiveness is that you think it through too much.
this isn't a problem in itself, in fact, I think it's a good sign of thinking things through.
However, because you see more than just a little bit of the picture a lot of choices seems about equal.
Now when you want to make a good choice you're frozen because the differnce isn't clear enough.
To get rid of the indecisiveness just do what swans do.
Yes, swans, when in danger they either fight, flee, freeze... or do something completely unexpected.
Do the last, just say fuck it and go do ANY two or three things and go from there.
- cont'd
>>
>>16984261
> All the shit going on in the world currently makes me feel like it's not worth it at all, I've definitely already lost hope in the human race and I just don't get how people can be so ignorant about what matters in life
I like to look at this from an evolutionary standpoint.
If everyone would look at this and worry, everyone would be stressing a LOT,
Now when you're stressed you don't feel comfortable, don't think things through yadayadayada --> less evolutionary stable
Therefore not seriously thinking about problems is what most people have come to.
As an example I'd like to take the news of any western country.
When a terrist attack happens it is an outrage, however hundreds are dieing by the minute in warzones around the world.
yet we still believe the real problem that we must take out is "terrorism".

Now the next statement I'll be making can be thought of as controversial but I'll try to explain it the best way I can.
The humanity you are talking about is not one race and it is justifyable to loose hope in a big part of it.
Now by race I do not mean skin color or etnicity or any of that bullshit.
by race I mean the stance on life that people take.

In my opinion the only viable stance on life is Gamer Theory (not game theory)
If you want to thrive in this world you have to realise it is a game with a lot of walkthroughs&skillguides (books) where the only true resource is time.
The only race that is not ultimately lost is the race that practises Gamer Theory.
The false assumption that is made nowadays by people is that the game is about enjoyment.
the objective is to change the game to be generally more enjoyable, to make the game better from any perspective you personally like.

TL;DR
life is about following your own personal delusion of happiness.
if not the only philosophical question left to consider is suicide,
however I'd prefer the former.
>>
Thanks guys from OP
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.