[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If a first date doesn't go well, is it safe to say that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1389629642647.jpg (481 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1389629642647.jpg
481 KB, 1920x1200
If a first date doesn't go well, is it safe to say that it was because the girl didn't find you attractive? Does personaility/connecting really play that big apart?

Basically my good female friend said she met up with a girl that I went on a date with months back. The date was kind of weird and her and I never talked again. My friend told me that the girl thought I was "Cool and attractive but didn't see it going anywhere" and I don't know if shes just trying to put it nice to me.
>>
OP, you probably said something during the date that put her off.
Doesnt mean you aren't attractive, just means you said too much.
>>
I replied in the other thread but I'll paste it here.

It happens. Just because it didn't work out doesn't mean your personality sucks of whatever. Just you guys didn't click. There was a guy who I found incredibly attractive and funny but once I talked to him one on one I realized we had nothing in common interest wise. I think he's still a really amazing person but sometimes the chemistry is just not there.
>>
>be 18
>go on date with guy who's 28
>he's the most gorgeous thing in the universe
>he's full of interesting stories
>i can't stop talking about high school because i had literally just graduated
>establish some kind of awkward younger sibling vibe
>uncomfortable side hugs galore
>never text him again

Yeah, it just happens.
>>
>>16981612

yes you are an ugly bastard, thats why she agreed to the date to begin with.
>>
>>16981612
>Personality/connecting really play that big apart?
It depends on what the person is looking for. If I'm looking for a relationship and the other person is really attractive but is less interesting than a piece of wood then I'm not going to go for it.
>>
Thank you all for the advice, I'm probably just reading into it too much. /r9k/ really fucked up my view on dating.
>>
>>16981612
Did you two talk a whole lot during the date? Most importantly, we're you able to make her smile and laugh? Details are important, but so is clarity.

No girl is going to say that you are attractive if she doesn't mean it, at least from my experience.
>>
>>16981612
Well that girl said that to one of your friends.

Of course she is going to sugar coat it because she knows it might get back to you.

There's a good possibility she lied and doesn't find you cool or attractive.
>>
>>16981792
The whole thing was weird. I had never met this girl before so it was a blind date. One day I saw that she followed me on 3 different social media accounts within a hour period, so I decided to message her and start talking.

The date itself was pretty weird. She brought up her ex boyfriend a few times. She also told me friend that I made her pay for her dinner, when in reality when I gave my debit card to the waiter to pay she stopped me and said "No let me pay." I told her "No I got this" like twice but she demanded she paid some. After the date we didn't talk, the only interaction we had was her liking some pictures of myself I posted on social media here and there.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.