[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to you cope being an atheist/agnostic in an extremely religious
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
How to you cope being an atheist/agnostic in an extremely religious society where everyone you know, especially the government is catholic?
>>
>>16980682
*do
>>
>>16980682
>How do you cope being an atheist/agnostic in an extremely religious society where everyone you know, especially the government is catholic?

Hard

>How do you cope being an atheist/agnostic in an extremely religious society where everyone you know, especially the government is islamic?

Impossible
>>
>>16980682
Have you read the good book? It says that all men were created with the ability to lie, fucking do it. Genesis 42

What country are you in?
>>
>>16980699
Philippines. Yeah I lie all the fucking time but it's hard and tiring.
>>
>>16980695
>>16980695
>How do you cope being an atheist/agnostic in an extremely religious society where everyone you know, especially the government is islamic?
I've been doing it pretty well in good ol pakistan.
Just avoid any conversation about religion op. Only pray if you absolutely have to. It's really not that hard.
>>
>>16980703
Do you speak another language? You seem decent at English. That's more then half the people who come to the US. You might want to move to another place.
>>
>>16980720
Yeah I speak Filipino and English and that's about it. Everyone here is educated w/ english. I'd consider living abroad but who knows
>>
>>16980682
Stop being a fucking prick all the time and accept others have different ideas instead of getting all red and loud everytime someone thanks their God for something.
There's a thing called coexisting.
>>
File: 1352352124.jpg (35 KB, 352x300) Image search: [Google]
1352352124.jpg
35 KB, 352x300
>>16980756

Looks like someone didn't get his cereal
>>
>>16980756
Um what? I don't judge anyone here being religious. I respect the culture and I find it prety normal. I join in when they pray if I have to. The point in this thread is people can't accept MY views. I don't give a rat's ass if the whole world worships god as long as they don't condemn me as a bad person for not doing so.
>>
>>16980682
move out
>>
>>16980777
>tfw i can't because i'm a broke college student
>>
>>16980682
The same things Catholics do in Atheistic countries or whatever other combinations.
Live your life.
>>
>>16980682
By becoming Christian.

Try the videos here and get the Bible resources. If you really want to stop feeling an empty void in your life.

http://pastebin.com/xMQ9wAwW
>>
Become a sailor
>>
>>16981148
I can't seem to believe in religion anymore with a number of reasons why, so no it isn't an option for me
>>
>>16980695
>Puts the entire fucking post in a line of greentext

We would've gotten it if you just said hard.
>>
>>16980682
>athiest/agnostic

I think you might be confused. You're not athiest unless you're completely athiest. You're just agnostic.
>>
>>16982581

Not OP, but I'm agnostic. Still call myself atheist a lot because, let's face it, I am in a de facto sense.
>>
>>16982587
I guess so.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.