[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Paranoia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: paranoia.gif (161 KB, 425x595) Image search: [Google]
paranoia.gif
161 KB, 425x595
Hi /adv/, how do I stop being so paranoid? Today I looked out my window and saw some random white van standing in my driveway, and somehow came to the conclusion that it's the FBI spying on me. I spent the next 5 hours feeling super uneasy and dreadful, couldn't eat anything and almost vomited. What the fuck is wrong with me? I kept telling myself there's no way it's the FBI, I mean, why the fuck would they park in my DRIVEWAY and not across the street?

But it didn't help, was feeling like shit the whole time until the car finally left. And this isn't the only time, it's about different things but I often feel paranoid like this. I just can't stop thinking about it and the only way to distract myself is to play video games or something. How do I fix this shit?
>>
>>16980452
Paranoia is the ultimate in egotism.

Just ask yourself, what possible reason would the FBI have to be interested in me? Why would they spend thousands of dollars just to park in MY driveway?

They've got better things to do.
>>
>>16980498
I did ask myself, and I realize how stupid it is for me to think it's the FBI. But just thinking about it makes me feel dreadful. And even if I consciously tell myself there's literally nothing to fear, I still subconsciously fear it.
>>
Man this board is slow at this time.
>>
>>16980452
Get medical assistance asap. Therapy would work
>>
>>16980716
I don't have insurance. And I've never been diagnosed with any kind of anxiety disorder or anything so do I really need therapy? Pretty sure I'm just a retard and need to learn how to stay calm.
>>
Bampu
>>
I was like you, and then I became a private investigator for a living.

Might as well put that paranoia to good use!
>>
>>16980982
Pretty sure you don't need paranoia to be a private investigator, you need to be patient as fuck. I'd probably just psych myself out while spying on my target.
>>
You can be paranoid about these things. Actually, WHITE VANS scare me, too. The ones with whited-out windows? I mean, where do you buy a car like this? What are they doing? Seriously, white vans are up to something. I found out that the singer Elliott Smith was scared of white vans, too, just before he killed himself.

I've just come to the conclusion that these vans are up to no good and it IS creepy when they park in front of your house. Still, it's no use getting upset about it. This is how I see it -- Come and get me, muthafuckas!
>>
>>16980993
Patience helps, sure, but did you know that there are actually other private investigators retained by the government who only spy on other private investigators to make sure they're not breaking the rules?

Because that's true. And it's fucking awesome.

Do you know how hard it is to spy on a paranoid private investigator?
>>
>>16980452
By trusting Christ and knowing that nothing that happens to you can hurt your soul.
>>
Stop smoking so much reefer
>>
Easy solution, OP.

If you don't have a hard drive full of cheese pizza, the FBI won't give a fuck (like us).
>>
>>16980452
You think you've got problems with the fbi sitting in your drive? Lavoy finicum got shot in the back 3 times
>>
There has to be something you're hiding from others or something ilegal that you might have done in the past, and now you think theyr after you.

Just get over it. If they had anything against you? You would be waking up in a jail cel the next morning.
>>
>>16981133
Is it difficult to get into private investigation business? I've heard it's mostly ex-cops.
I've heard bughunting is also a good career choice for paranoid people, I'm thinking about trying it.
>>
>>16981130
Well, ok, but that's just an example.. I'm paranoid about other things too. For example if FedEx rings my doorbell or something I almost shit my pants every time thinking it's a raid on my house :/ And I always have to close and lock my room door because I'm paranoid my parents would watch me for some reason.

>>16981133
That's pretty awesome actually. I've considered becoming a PI before but I doubt I have the patience to sit still in a car for 10 hours waiting for someone to leave their home.

Also, it's good to be cautious and aware of your surroundings, but not paranoid. Seriously, being paranoid would not help you because you would go insane before you would find that some government-hired PI is spying on you.

>>16981144
>TFW you kinda wish you were religious

>>16981155
Never drank, smoked a cig, or weed in my life. Maybe I should, would probably help me calm down. Then again, if I got weed I'd be even more paranoid about police raiding me :/

>>16981156
Well, I might not have cheese pizza but I have committed some crimes before.. then again, who hasn't?

>>16981177
This might be part of it, and yeah I know they probably won't find me if they haven't for this long already. But still I keep imagining these worst case scenarios.. I mean it's good to plan out what you would do in certain situations sometimes but this is going way overboard.
>>
File: 197101BW4X.jpg (10 KB, 400x303) Image search: [Google]
197101BW4X.jpg
10 KB, 400x303
Bumper
>>
File: ganondorf.jpg (28 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
ganondorf.jpg
28 KB, 480x360
I'll be able to make sure you don't get paranoid ever again.

Where do you live, by the way?
>>
>>16982244
How will you make sure? By killing me? I guess that's a decent deal..
>>
Shameful bump
>>
>>16981643
what did you do that you're paranoid about huh??? (not FBI you can trust me)
>>
>>16983089
I don't want to incriminate myself man, I'm not even behind a proxy currently. But it's not anything serious, and it's been months since then so if they haven't found me yet they probably never will. I really have nothing to worry about.. I'm just fucking paranoid about everything for some reason :/
>>
>>16983097
i used to get intense paranoia, i think now it may even have been anxiety. i was sure the sky was going to fall, an asteroid would hit, some cataclysmic shit was just around the corner. thing is, it never came (at least not yet, then again it always still could, whats the use in worrying theres nothing i could do anyway).

also couldn't be sure that i wasn't stuck in some hallucination and imagining everything, my loved ones all worried about me while i lie in a hospital bed. again, even if that's the case, not really anything i can do about it, no use worrying.

my advice? get into the habit of routine. distract yourself with some good books. spend less time on the internet. learn to meditate. meditation helps a lot. just take deep breaths

“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”
>>
>>16983119
Well, so far that's just what I've been doing - distracting myself. I mean, it works decently well, this paranoia/anxiety doesn't bother me too often. But sometimes I get those situations like in the OP, and it's kinda ridiculous.. I mean, why should I have to feel sick and want to vomit because some random guy accidentally parked in the wrong driveway?

Meditation is a good suggestion I guess.. I've wanted to try it for a while now, but I'm terrible at forming habits so I never really stuck with it.
>>
>>16983097
Same i dont wanna say too much but i was doing illegale stuff on the computer and i was convinced the fbi would come and arrestvme in the middle of the night
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.