[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weight loss and clothes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (72 KB, 300x274) Image search: [Google]
image.png
72 KB, 300x274
I've lost 60 lbs, and I am probably as thin as I am going to get, at least with my frame. None of my clothes fit anymore... They're all too big and either look like I'm swimming in them or they're falling off.

I want to buy new clothes but I'm worried I'll gain the weight back, because I'm an alcoholic.

How long should I wait before buying a new wardrobe?
>>
>>16979850
How about you get some fucking self control be a man and stay healthy you haven't even gained the weigh back but yet you've alrdy accepted being fat again keep at it and drink less
>>
>>16979850
Keep your old one, and get a few pieces that you look super sharp in.

Every couple of weeks (or month or whatever), get a new thing. I'd focus on quality, etc. There's no rush. If you change size, there's less risk if you replenish your wardrobe gradually.
>>
>>16979850

buy 4 pairs of cheap fucking jeans. two packs of those cheap plain shirts. congrats, a weeks of clothes for 50 bucks. the jeans should be not super form fitting in case you put on a little bit of weight, but thats what belts are for.

keep old clothes in case you hella balloon again.
>>
>>16979865

I'm not really concerned that I'm going to gain it all back, just some. I got more out of hand than I ever have in my life due to a long period of working from home and then unemployment, something I don't anticipate being a factor again.

Still, it's easy to say "drink less," but thems the breaks of being an alcoholic. Staying permanently sober isn't something I'm going to pursue, before someone recommends that.
>>
>>16979850
Go ahead and buy some new things, but keep your old clothes in storage (just in case). I was pretty small about 8 years ago, ballooned up to 230lbs, but now I'm down to 200. Still in transition, but I can wear some of my old clothes again without having to buy new crap.
>>
>>16979877

I'm not going to start wearing Walmart jeans and t-shirts now that I'm actually in shape. I dressed better than that when I was fat.

>>16979876

Not a terrible idea but one of the biggest issues are work clothes, which I have to wear most of the time. Right now looking like I have clothes that don't fit works fine for people because they get impressed by my weight loss. Soon, I'm just going to look like I don't care, and I work in a nice office, where appearance is important.
>>
>>16979897

>id much rather wear clothes that dont fit me then a form fitting T shirt from wally world

be my guest.
>>
>>16979902
I laughed way harder than I should have!
>>
>>16979897
>I'm not going to start wearing Walmart jeans and t-shirts now that I'm actually in shape. I dressed better than that when I was fat.
Brands really don't matter that much.
>>
>>16979915

Eh, they do when you work in certain industries and when you're not in your early 20s anymore and can't keep claiming you just can't afford it. Higher quality brands tend to fit better, feel better, and last longer, too.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.