[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 2dd.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
2dd.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
I was sitting alone in my school's library, doing some homework when this girl approaches me and asks to borrow a pencil. i let her use mine for a second and she brought me back her number and said, "heres a present for your troubles" and hands me her phone number. this has never happened to me and i literally have no idea what the procedure is (i'm literally autistic) i dont want to fuck this up cause shes qt as frig.
>>
>>16979681
I would just assume it's a cruel joke.
Think about it. She doesn't even know you. How could she possibly be into you?

I'd throw the number out and forget it ever happened.
>>
>>16979696
I am assuming he's joking but don't listen to this guy OP. Was she cute? Ask her to go get some coffee. Don't be too awkward or flirty, just be normal. If she seems kinda into you, compliment her a bit and see where it goes
>>
>>16979704
No really. Why would a girl just randomly hand over a phone number? No conversation, not even a hey do you like x I like x. That's so creepy and detached.

It can only be a setup for something.
Maybe she gets off to having her boyfriend beat people up.

This is how introverts actually think by the way. If you're a girl NEVER just give out your phone number. He'll assume all this and more.
>>
>>16979717
Alright, paint me confused. Are you saying what I said is how introverts think, or what you said? If it's what you said I agree, I used to think like that, but seriously it's not that far fetched that OP could just be an awkward but attractive male and this girl wanted to be a little outgoing and make a move.
>>
>>16979717
I sorta feel bad for you man if you really think this way. That's such a jaded way to look at life. It kind of speaks volumes to the kind of person you are, and that you have some deep seeded issues that cause you to be so incredibly pessimistic. What a terrible way to go through life bro. You should really evaluate your outlook on life.

I mean there's a slight chance you could be right but you shouldn't just completely disregard the situation and label it the way you did. Stranger things have happened.
>>
>>16979725
It's advice for women hitting on single introvert men.
Abrupt contact will just leave them trying to understand motives.
And the complete lack of regular interaction like asking to take a seat and making an introduction has scary implications.
It's like she's purposefully limiting her exposure. It's real fuckin' weird.

I'd toss the number and never look back. I might even toss the pencil.
>>
>>16979744
>might even toss the pencil
Holy shit dude, at least try and be subtle.

OP, give it a day or two, text her. Don't make it overly long, just say hey, introduce yourself.
>>
>>16979744

It is a bit weird she'd give her number to some random stranger, but isn't it possible that OP is just attractive and she's really outgoing? And he seems like he really wants to give it a try.

>>16979681

You seem to really want to call her, so don't listen to these guys. I'd say call her up and say "Hey it's the guy from the library. I was wondering if you would to go out for a cup of coffee at ____ on friday." or where/whenever you want to go. If she accepts, go have fun. If she insists on a place of her own choosing, then yes it may be some kind of cruel joke. I say calling her's worth the risk if you're up for it.
>>
Now what's even more scary is how much power she has over you if she succeeds in coaxing you somewhere private.

You go to her dorm after a couple of texts to meet and hang out and she locks the door behind the both of you.

Now, any attempt to make use of your strength to escape this alarming situation is impossible, because you will be blamed as a man for any harm she sustains.

She can do whatever she wants and the consequences of trying to get out are expulsion and the ruining of your career.

You could be raped or even tortured.
Or not. It might not happen.

But I can say with certainty. The kind of certainty you'd bet your life on. That nothing bad can happen if you toss the number and forget about it.
>>
>>16979696
>>16979704
I don't know if you guys are assuming Im in HS but I'm in uni so I doubt it's some kind of horsecockery. I just talked to her and mentioned her FLCL shirt, she seemed impressed that I knew what that was. God help me I might be free
>>
>>16979744
I like how you say them when you really mean we. You know it's true.
>>
>>16979800
Oh I'm just using reverse psychology to give advice. Don't mind me.

Although when I hear women say hi to me in the street I always assume they're talking to someone else or on the phone.

They couldn't possibly be saying hi to me. They don't even know me.
>>
>>16979681
Don't listen to the "it's a cruel joke" guys
Ask to get coffee and if it is so what
You can't lose anything you could literally give away some self esteem but you shouldn't let complete stranger bother you
Sounds kinda like she has her head in her ass and is loving it but hey maybe she was just nervous or maybe it wouldn't matter
Gl
>>
>>16979681

>i dont want to fug this up

you cant spend your whole life pretending to be anything more or less than you actually are, so dont bother. there isnt some special set of cheatcodes to press that will make this work.

text her, have fun, and be chill. if you arent even trying to be relaxed thats whats going to fuck it up the most
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.