[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My girlfriend recently started smoking crack. We have been doing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1459053447538.jpg (9 KB, 250x244) Image search: [Google]
1459053447538.jpg
9 KB, 250x244
My girlfriend recently started smoking crack. We have been doing really well for 3 years but this is starting to make us argue a lot. What is the appropriate way to go about this?
>>
I don't want to just flat out end it, but I don't want to control her. We have different philosophies. She said that true love is unconditional, and that I should love her no matter what choice she makes. That love is letting someone roam, but my philosophy is that if you love someone you'll try to keep them away from danger.
>>
Your gf sounds like a pathetic crack whore. I would dump her in a heartbeat
>>
>>16977683
>>16977731
Ok, but is this crack smoking negatively affecting her life? If so, you can leave and have her learn to get better on her own or you can stay and try to get her help.
>>
>>16977751
She has always had an addictive personality. First it was weed, then it was alcohol, now it's crack. And I've been a whiny bitch every step of the way.
>>
>>16977762
I mean she gets regularly sexually harassed by the shady people she has to go through. The actual smoking part hasn't had any adverse affect on her tho
>>
>>16977683
the only thing that bitch loves is crack

I've seen hard drugs tear families and relationships apart. Literally nothing matters to them besides their next high. She WILL betray you and steal and do anything to get more drugs, no matter what she says about her love for you.

Her concept of love isn't wrong, but nobody that is doing well emotionally/mentally/physically does crack. If you love her, get her off that crap, address the underlying issues, or just dump her cause that addiction is very hard to get rid of. Once an addict, ALWAYS an addict, you have to remember that.
>>
>>16977774
It's so difficult to break up with someone you've been with for so long.
>>
>>16977683

>smoking crack

What is this, 1994? Tell your gf she's acting like a fucking loser.
>>
>>16977683
Real people don't do hard drugs, only empty shells. It's possible to regain sentience and a soul after hitting such lows, but it's obviously not easy. You should end the relationship immediately and date an actual person.
>>
>>16977683
Stop smoking crack.
>>
>>16977731
This is a really stupid idea to have about love - you have to have standards that you hold the other person to, so that you don't sacrifice your own wellbeing for the sake of the other person. Sometimes that is necessary to help someone through hard times, but if she's not letting you help her then you're just being hurt and concerned for no reason.

I suggest an intervention.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.