[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need some financial advice, /adv/. I'll try to make it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
I need some financial advice, /adv/. I'll try to make it as tl;dr as possible. Anyways, I'm 22, my bf is 26 (hopefully soon to be gf).

The plan is my gf (just to keep it easier typing, not for some sjw bs), wants to get facial feminization surgery so she can finally feel like a girl. This is literally the only thing holding her back from being happy at this point, she doesn't tell me, but I know she's very upset and depressed about it all the time. I want to do anything to make her happy. Last year we were trying to plan out and have the surgery done by sometime this year, but things happened and changed, and now it looks like it's going to take a while longer.

The surgery costs 24k, and I can get a loan for 9k. As of now, she makes 10.50/hr or around $1400/month take home. I work off a commission and make anywhere from about $1000/month - $1800/month take home. I'm working on programming so I can become an entry level software developer, but until then me and her, we both need better jobs.

The gist of it is, how the hell do I make this happen? She was very sad today since we both realized that we need to make more money to make this work. As of now with what we make, it might even take another whole year and she really, really wants to get it done asap because of not feeling comfortable as herself now at all. I always try my best to make her happy, but we need to get this done.

My question is, how? What kind of jobs can I get that pay well? How to save? Side work I can do? How to budget? If you anons were in the same situation, what would you do?

I'll answer any questions needed if it helps, I'm extremely desperate to make this work.
>>
>>16975004
Kill him, then yourself you degenerate scum.
>>
I would say some shit about fucking degenerates but I am new to da 4chans and am afraid I will be banned, so here is a legit response.
Your bf should learn to make the most of his situation and accept that he won't always get what he wants. Try and make him feel happy in his own skin, and don't harm yourself trying to accomplish something he might regret (most trans people regret surgeries they have).
IF he really loved you he wouldn't force you into a situation where you had to live uncomfortably just so he can have his little fantasy.
>>
>>16975025
>new to da chans

go wherever the fuck back to where you came from
>>
>>16975004
24k in facial reconstruction doesn't fix the identity issues and high risk of suicide your bf faces.
>>
>>16975028
I would but my mom won't let me back in the basement.
>>
>>16975007
/thread
>>
The root of your question is "how can I get more money?" and the answer is that there isn't any trick. Work toward saving up, and that's all you can do unless there's a charity out there that loans money for this kind of stuff. I understand you want to do it now to make your partner happier, but there is no "one weird trick" to put $24k at your disposal at the drop of a hat.

You're working toward a job that should pay alright, so that's a good step. For saving, the simple answer is to go without. New game? Nope, gotta save for surgery. Fast food again? Nope, better prepare your meals at home. Resist the temptation to buy things you don't need.

For budgeting, the answer is also simple. Keep track of what you spend. You don't have to write it all out and keep receipts, but look at your money. Take a month period and actively keep track, which is easy if your bank has online records, which most should. Just look, right now, at all the transactions from March 1st to today. Look at the beginning and end numbers to see how much you spent vs made, and then see where it all went. Make cuts if able. Most people spend fucktons of money on eating out, for instance.
>>
OP you might want to go to a cheaper place for the surgery. South America has pretty cheap plastic surgery options and they're pretty experienced in places like Brazil or Columbia.
>>
>>16975004
>my bf is 26 (hopefully soon to be gf).
op, he will always be your bf. no amount of cosmetic surgery, bodily mutilation, or mental illness can change that.
>>
>>16975007
>>16975025
>>16975044
But that doesn't answer my question. Besides, I'm we're voting for donald trump, and if you aren't you are the true degenerate cancer scum.
>>
>>16975062
I was just seeing if there was any way to make it more efficient. Or some weird jobs that pay well at entry level. Such as garbage disposal or something. I dunno, I work customer service, so not really much experience to do anything anywhere else. Thank you though, for an actual reply other than the autism that plagues the rest of the thread.

>>16975132
Point is, that you won't know that in public.
>>
>>16975004
Do not take out a loan to pay for cosmetic surgery.

ESPECIALLY, for someone else.

Maybe (s)he won't need you after the new face
>>
>>16975156
I want to say you're right, but I have nobody else I've ever loved in my life. Nobody even sparked interest in me at all. It's just money. Certain things are more important than money.
>>
>>16975210
This is how I know you're about to get played. You have no idea what you are talking about.

We warned you.

You are an imbecile, and warrant an imbecile's desserts.
>>
>>16975210
Don't worry about others, OP. You do you. 4chan is a place full of jaded people who don't trust other people.
>>
You might be better off asking this on /lgbt/.
>>
>>16975337
Probably. Or I shouldn't have stated my reasons. I just want to make the person I love happy. I've never cared too much about money. I live extremely frugally and most of my hobbies cost little to no money.

If I can't trust the person I love then why even attempt a relationship? It makes no sense to me. Anyways, maybe I'll go ask /lgbt/ or make a Reddit account where there are more liberals or something. Thank you Anon, >>16975282 you Anon, and the other Anon that helped.

I'm letting this thread die.
>>
>>16975028
>>16975025

don't listen to tripfags they are nothing, we need tradittionalfags here more than ever
you won't get banned
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.