[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I checked my weight and BMI on a scale in a gym, where I had
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: 20160329_164915-1.jpg (2 MB, 2011x2486) Image search: [Google]
20160329_164915-1.jpg
2 MB, 2011x2486
I checked my weight and BMI on a scale in a gym, where I had to take off my shoes and phone and hold these handlebars. It told me that I was just barely at a healthy weight. The guy operating it told me to see him (he usually guides people on workouts) to gain muscle and fat. However, when I see myself in the mirror, I see pic related. I still have huge mantits, a shrinking potbelly, and noticeable love handles. Why is this machine and this coach telling me I need to gain weight when I should be doing the opposite?

By the way, my plan is to cut all fat and then after finals and all this bullshit is over I'm going to the gym to get buff. Also I can usually hide most of it pretty well through my clothes (although you can still see the tits and a bit of the lovebars), but it's still killing my self esteem.
>>
>>16974174
post a pic of your torso. dont be embarrassed you are anonymous. also they are talking about you gaining muscle mass which is good.
>>
You'll gain weight during intense muscle building because muscle is denser than fat. However that muscle will be deep to your skin; the tits, belly and handles will melt off super fast. Right now that's pretty much all you have apart from your bones to give your body structure and it's why you look like a dumpy mess.

If you're serious about hitting the gym hard then everything will sort itself out, at least at first. Maybe after several months you can nitpick about diet. Right now you just need to lift like a motherfucker.
>>
File: 1458908871141.jpg (75 KB, 500x820) Image search: [Google]
1458908871141.jpg
75 KB, 500x820
>>16974179
That is my torso.
>>16974196
That's what I've heard too. I've been running everyday already, but I won't hit the gym til May. Any tips til then?
>>
>>16974200
Until then, bodyweight exercises. Your body mass is already something you can lift in different ways. Warm those muscles up in anticipation of the gym.
>>
>>16974200

Try body weight exercises to start with? Crunches and shit like that. There are good exercise plans for those online too.
>>
File: Photo on 3-29-16 at 3.07 PM #2.jpg (116 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 3-29-16 at 3.07 PM #2.jpg
116 KB, 1080x720
>>16974200
yeah dude you just need muscle mass. dont worry about the image yet. its soft because youre weak.

i thought you found that pic to describe how you feel about yourself. cheer up dude. i weigh 230lbs and look like this. get swole boy. sit ups and push ups. you dont need to lose fatt you need something for the fat to sit on
>>
>>16974174
>It told me that I was just barely at a healthy weight.

What is your BMI?

>to gain muscle and fat
Did you tell him it's your goal to get lean or to get buff? Did you tell him a goal at all?

>my plan is to cut all fat
Don't do that. Read the /fit/ sticky, but fat in =/= fat body.
>>
File: 5f91942767b666aa3cc8012e94aceb1e.jpg (712 KB, 1964x1856) Image search: [Google]
5f91942767b666aa3cc8012e94aceb1e.jpg
712 KB, 1964x1856
>>16974221
My BMI was 19.7, body fat percentage was 15%.

I didn't have a goal at all. I just hopped onto the machine like an idiot and this bro helped me out who happened to work there as an instructor. He just mentioned it to me in a friendly way.
>>
>>16974174
you are skinny fat. most of your fat is in your stomack and pecks, probably ass too but due to lack of muscle the rest of your body looks skinny. if you start lighting weights with the intent of gaining muscle, you will looks alot better after a little while. if you just go to weight lose, you will still look quite shitty at the end of it. you need to gain muscle, not just lose fat
>>
>>16974174
cont. i have cut and bulked many times. its really not that hard once you know what you are doing.
>>
>>16974210
>>16974211
>>16974216
>>16974259
Alright thanks guys, seems like I have some work to do now. Will start looking into calisthenics before I start lifting.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.