[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/, My toe is fucked up. That nail has fallen off a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 659x717) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 659x717
Hey /adv/,

My toe is fucked up. That nail has fallen off a few times before, but this time it's been hurting me (it usually doesn't) so I just looked at it and sort of experimentally pressed on it where it was coming detached from the nail bed and pus squirted everywhere. It literally made a squelch noise. I think a lot of the end of my toe and under the bed is just full of pus. More comes out whenever I press it. This is so nasty. Should I be worried?

Pic related, it's my toe.
>>
>>16971681
Wtf? Yes. Go get it checked by a professional asap
>>
>>16971726
Lolno. I'm mainly just wondering if there's anything I should be putting on it or if there's anything I can do

Or what the hell is going on
>>
>>16971681
potential staph infection bro
>>
>>16971773
Oh god I half knew what that was and google imaged it. Bad choice.

I really hope not. I don't know, the tip of it is like..deflated now. Weird.
>>
>>16971740
>Lolno
Love ya, anon.
>>
>>16971780
Means that all the skin underneath and probably the nail is dead. As long as that dead skin stays there *that is evidently loose and you can't feel* the infection has room to hide and worsen. You need the dead tissue removed *don't do yourself*, antibiotics, bandaging and no closed toe shoe.
>>
>>16971794
Could I just wait for the nail to fall off then treat it with over the counter stuff or does that run the risk of having to amputate my toe or something
>>
>>16971806
Depends on if the infection spreads. Pay close attention to it. Also, considering your nail has apparently fallen off several times before.... it should be obvious you need to take measures beyond over the counter stuff. Or just have a foul petri dish of filth for a foot that is in a state of perpetual rot for the rest of your days until it DOES become a scenario of amputation.
>>
>>16971740
its infected, if untreated it can spread to you blood or bone which will mean amputation, i see this shit everyday at work.

>>16971806
i doubt over the counter shit will do anything at this point.
>>
>>16971681
It's Amata
>>
>>16971816
Nah, I just have shitty circulation in my feet so I keep accidentally doing things to make them fall off eventually

But I'll keep an eye on it, thanks

>>16971842
Yikes
I'll see if I can do anything at home but I'll maybe get it looked at if it worsens
>>
>>16972471
2 experts tell you to go to a doctor. Make an educated guess to what you'd better do. And it's not entertaining your hermit mindset.
>>
>>16971681
Infected. Probably bacterial. Go see your doctor. Agreed with >>16971816 and >>16971842.

>>16971806
>Could I just wait for the nail to fall off then treat it with over the counter stuff
Does that sound like a good idea to you? Get a grip.

>>16972471
>I'll see if I can do anything at home but
There's little you can do other than douse it in antiseptics and keep it clean and dry. Also try to minimize the amount of time you spend with shoes (and probably socks) on, like another anon said. And don't paint it.
>I'll maybe get it looked at if it worsens
It's already "worsened", I'd suggest you go and make an appointment with your doctor.
>>
We aren't qualified to diagnose, but that looks like a badly infected ingrown toenail. See a podiatrist.
>>
>>16972511
>>16972561
>>16972590

Yeah yeah, okay. Thanks.
Just curious, how could that have possibly gotten infected? It wasn't ever an open would
>>
>>16972621
*wound
>>
>>16971681
Go to a doctor you stupid fuck
>>
>>16972627
Why would I do that when I can slowly let it worsen and try to treat it with home remedies until amputation is inevitable
>>
>>16972153
What's Amata?
>>
Soak your foot in epsom salt bath (in a clean bucket, not the filthy tub). Keep the area dry and clean between soakings. Bandage the are until you see a doctor for proper antibiotics. Infection can get in your blood stream and kill you.
>>
>>16972933
I dunno what's amata with you?
>>
>>16972973
Ah well
If death by fucking my toe up by leaning too far forward snowboarding on bunny hills for a few hours is how I'm meant to go then who am I to stop it
>>
>>16973082
So you made this advice thread to get attention? Not to follow any advice? Get banned faggot.
>>
>>16973259
Nah I'm gonna try the salt bath and probably make a doctor's appointment.

That being said, it would be a pretty interesting way to die.
>>
>>16973267
It be a pretty fucking stupid way to die.
>>
>>16973298
But memorable.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.