[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'd like to go to Norway for a year to study the language
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 21-NO.jpg (92 KB, 960x329) Image search: [Google]
21-NO.jpg
92 KB, 960x329
I'd like to go to Norway for a year to study the language and culture. My husband isn't excited about the idea, and doesn't want me to go. Would it be unreasonable for me to go? We'd be able to stay in touch on Skype.
>>
>I'd like to go to Norway for a year to study the local tongue and see their north poles

Heck, I wouldn't be excited either, baby. How far is the actual distance? How often would you actually see each other in person? How many sex partners are you going to have during these twelve months?
>>
How old are you and how long have you been married?
>>
>>16969938
He'd be in NJ. I'm not going to cheat. We might see each other for a week a couple of times while I'm there.
>>
>>16969941
I'm 32, he's 34, we've been married 5 years.
>>
>>16969947

Is there any actual reason you want to go there, beside "yay Norway"?
>>
>>16969958
To learn the language, and about the culture of my ancestors.

(And do a bit of skiing too.)
>>
>>16969920
take him with you. i wouldnt be happy if my wife was like "oh btw im going to norway for a year lol" either.
>>
>>16969980
I've suggested that, but he doesn't want to. He said he wouldn't like being in a strange place where he wouldn't know the language.
>>
Where in Norway are you going?

But yeah, seen as how you are married, it is sort of unreasonable to just uproot everything and skip town for an entire year. However Norway is a friendly place, so it's not like your husband would feel too alienated. But there is going to be a major culture crash.
>>
>>16969999
Stavanger, if I get accepted on the course.
>>
>>16969968
you just want to take a sabbatical. no problem except you are married and trying to build a life together. This is what you do when single or when you are much older
>>
>>16969920
>study norwegian culture
lol
>study the norwegian language
double lol

don't get me wrong, it's a great place, but the culture of norway today has nothing to do with your ancestors. Also everything is retardedly expensive.
>>
>>16969999
QUADS
>>
>lær meg dansk på grunn av en pike
>slå opp
>mens lærte jeg dansk, mote mange nordmenn
>skjiftet til norsk
>kan forstå norsk nå og skriver som en taxikjorer

hvorfor ville man bo i norge? dyrt som faen, kaldt som faen, fandme kjedeligt. gå for pår uke og tilbake til hjemmekuken din
>>
>>16969920

when you marry someone you do so wiht the idea that you will be spending your life together

>BUT ITS JUST ONE YEAR

for now, but then its maybe another year when you get another opportunity. or another year when he gets an opportunity.

if he doesnt want you to go you cant argue 'WELL ITS REASONABLE FOR ME TO GO SO IM GOING AND WERE GONNA STAY TOGEHTER'

decide now whats more important, your husband, or going on this trip.

fun fact: your husband doesnt have to be the answer.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.