[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For the past 2 years I have been using a fake fb account pretending
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
For the past 2 years I have been using a fake fb account pretending to be a girl, using well placed pictures, sometimes even using my gf items to support evidence of it.
I use it to mess around in pages and groups, never making any actual friends. But not long ago I gave nice advice to some people and we been cool friends. I always say I am engage, and I am in a serious relationship, which I am in.
I met this one gamer dude and for some reason I decided to stick chatting to him, and motivated him to get a job . For the past 4 months he has had a healthier life style and even showing amazing progress.
He doesn't love me, I respect him too.
Is it time to stop this charade? I told him a life time of my stories. Most are true but with twisted parts in them.

I am bi but I wouldnt want him. I like my woman a lot. This just turn in to a sick hobby.
Maybe I am just unbottling my story here for some reason...
It's a bit scary that if I tell him the truth he would just loose it.
Is it better to disconnect slowly?
>>
>>16969775
You fucking what? The worst part is when you implied you'd do it again.

Let the one guy down gently, without telling if possible, and don't do that again. If you don't hurt this guy, you'll hurt someone eventually.
>>
If you cared about your gf you'd close the account and cut all ties to this guy
>>
>>16969812
He's catfishing him, he doesn't like him.
>>
>>16969841
and?

I'd be freaked out if my bf was doing this to anyone, innocently or not its fucking weird and shady as hell
>>
I get it. I am a horrible person.
It was fun while it lasted.
I don't think I wanna do that again.
It felt great having all those friends that love the fakeness in me.

I was kinda idolize when they saw I had mad gaming skills in several games. Even went as far as to owning a second 3ds with a female account.
>>
>>16969853
Just slowly stop talking to him. I feel like he would take that better then knowing you were a dude.
>>
>>16969853
If they loved your fake persona then they'd love you too, it's you behind that catfish not someone else. All the words, the encouragement, the love its you. You've proven don't need a fake account to be likable, to draw others to you and gain a lot of friends. Just close it subtly before something irreversible happens.

>>16969809
>>16969866
These too desu.
>>
>>16969853
you got a second 3ds to play along?

ok now i know for SURE its gone way too far wtf
>>
>>16969851
Well it's not cheating, so what's the problem? It's like saying he can't talk to a friend.
>>
>>16969882
not really, for someone to want to go and catfish people speaks volumes about their honesty and their values or some shit, it doesnt sit right with me

my best friend was catfished when she was 15, turned out to be a 40yo woman and yeah she was retarded but after that point, nah, its fucked up at the worst and pathetic at the least
>>
>>16969903
Don't we all catfish in a way? By making ourselves seem better on social media, like we have no problems (I don't do this but observe it happening often)? It may just be human nature to appear the best we can be, and in this case he thinks bring a woman would be better.
>>
>>16969921
yeah but i never pretend to be a completely different person, i never invent a different personality or lie about basic info such as gender
>>
>>16969775
that's pretty fucked up
>>
Op here once more.
I don't feel like I would do this forever.
I am 28 and that is the age I say I am.

I never tried to lean them towards liking me, I just have fun. Same thing when I play games, I make female and male avatars.
I am a busy person because I got a well paying job and live with my partner, but this has not stop me from keeping the charade up.

I feel I've done more good than bad, even if some online friends just pass by and chat with me for a bit. It also felt nice now that is no longer a thing for fun.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.