[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need some advice. Am not doing very well in college. Am pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1415826094134.gif (2 MB, 154x115) Image search: [Google]
1415826094134.gif
2 MB, 154x115
I need some advice.

Am not doing very well in college. Am pretty much on academic probation and next semester i'll be on it too since I dropped 3 of my 4 classes and i'll probably get no grants next semester because of that.

Am thinking about getting an internship and possibly holding off college, what should I do?
>>
Good luck getting an internship with your transcripts lol
>>
>>16969560
This. They don't just take anyone.
>>
File: OHOHOHOHOH-ICANT-HOHOHOHO.gif (1 MB, 255x203) Image search: [Google]
OHOHOHOHOH-ICANT-HOHOHOHO.gif
1 MB, 255x203
>>16969560
Oh god am fucked. I only have a 1.5 GPA.

I really want to graduate with a skill-set, I've just been taking random classes and the minute I figure it out I don't know if I can afford it.

I can't even go back to my community college because transfers need a 2.0 GPA.

There's an open book midterm -exam tomorrow and I still haven't studied
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!
>>
I'm a 3.0 student as a junior at Michigan State in electrical engineering and I haven't gotten an internship with over 25 applications.
>>
File: 1455850588424.jpg (73 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1455850588424.jpg
73 KB, 500x500
Why is it always when you're dire situations people don't offer advice? They aren't helpful.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME!? FUCKKK.
>>
What major are you?
>>
Yeah, you kinda fucked up big. Talk to people at your school, office employee's, maybe someone can give you advice. Honestly, you might need to start working, maybe try to save up enough to get into a trade.
>>
If you can afford it (finances), study your ass off

If you can´t, read up on your college policy on study hiatus (some allow only a certain maximum period).

Internship might be nice (paid one even better), but don´t skip on studies either. Maybe part time both? (1 class + internship? for not losing interest in either/diversity)

I dont know about gpa and such (different system), but can´t give you more advice without knowing why you dropped out of classes, your major (and reason for it) etc.
>>
>>16970151
Am a history major now. I was in biology and took some difficult courses and it dropped my grades bellow a 2.0.

>>16970161
I talked to an academic counselor and all he told me was "to stick it out..." and gave me a number to call this financial office person.

I have little trust in college administration, they are partly reason why am in this mess before transferring to from 4-year I used to go to.

>>16970168
>why you dropped out of classes, your major (and reason for it) etc.

The main reason the 1yr was the grant office messed up my financial aid, the other reason was the class were too difficult, professor's were so bad, or I kept coming in late because the college was far from my house. I also had personal, mental issues.

In the 2nd year, I changed colleges and majors. in the 1st semester my grades dropped and now I changed majors, I dropped 3 out of my 4 classes and on academic probation.
>>
>>16970194
Humanities are great, but not useful at all for your life. If you want to go useful and easy - go economics, otherwise any sciences or IT. History and such are nice to learn, but safe being a professor, librarian or a writer, you are just setting yourself up.

Have you thought about different approach to learning? Apprenticeship with/under someone, internship aside from college or some certified courses teaching skills? They could come cheaper and more interesting than classical college and seeing you have problems like that, it might just be something you could think of.

Think it through. You seem to jump majors with totally different backgrounds. Why are you in college in the first place? Is it to please your family? A responsibility? A prolonged youth? Because college and college major should be chosen with something in mind (even if it doesn´t fit the intentions 100%)
>>
>>16970215
>Why are you in college

I asked myself that last year. It was like my motivation ran out fast, I felt aimless.

It' feels so tempting leave school, drop everything and start all over. At the same time I feel in a few areas I can't start over.

My midterm is tomorrow and i've still haven't studied, one of my students I gave my number to is texting me, I know it but I don't want to look, I skipped last class and My room's a mess, I haven't done anything in the past three days am off.

I go outside, deal with the anxiety, deal with more anxiety as I enter that campus. Class ends and I go straight home and I don't even stay at library like I used to anymore...

I feel so tired...
>>
overnight bump
>>
>>16970118
i suggest withdrawing from school and getting a job, you can always come back in a few years when you're a bit more focused.

Also it must be said that college isn't for everyone, there's no shame in knowing when to quit.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.