[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel unsatisfied with life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: nightmares-51a60926335d9.jpg (133 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
nightmares-51a60926335d9.jpg
133 KB, 1000x1000
For years now I've felt extremely empty and unsatisfied. My life definitely is kinda rutish, i do go out and do cool things every once and a while but it's mostly just the same things every day. I know there's something missing, I know there's some aspect of myself that I'm either neglecting or don't even know exists yet that's just dying to get out and feel fulfilled, but I honestly have no idea what it is.

How do I go about feeling complete and satisfied with life when I don't even know whats missing?
>>
Your life isn't over, it shouldn't feel complete and satisfying yet. How old are you?
>>
>My life definitely is kinda rutish, i do go out and do cool things every once and a while but it's mostly just the same things every day.

You already know you just need to get out more. You just gotta embrace that scary change.
>>
>>16969049

there comes a point where you have to stop consuming, and need to start creating.

V.C. Andrews (author of Flowers in the Attic) used to say that she spent so much time reaidng books that she could never read another book ever again, and instead ascended into writing them.

take the casual hobbies you do or used to do (video games, movies, tv, reading, comics) and reverse engineer it. make a game. draw a limited series comic. make a movie. write a script, write a book, build a house, build furniture, etc.
>>
>>16969063
20, yeah I know I'm young, but there's just this empty feeling I've had for a long time that I've been dying to get rid of

>>16969087
I'm actually in college for programming because I want to make my own games someday.
>>
>>16969108

>someday

there are a million resources out there for people who dont have the knowledge to make their own game. most of which will actually help in some way with what you are learning anyway.

do noob level firs.t download an rpg maker and set out to make a game. a reasonable one. nothing huge or crazy, just a simple rpg.

then slowly escalate in the engines.

>someday

is your problem.
>>
>>16969114
yeah, I supposed I've never been one to go out and teach myself new things, I don't know why, never really had the patience for it I guess.

I do remember for my final project in my programming class in grade 12 I made a game of blackjack, I don't think I've ever actually been more proud of myself.
>>
>>16969132

its good shit. even if no one ever sees it its good shit.

go download rpgmaker. spend 1 week just playing with it. then plot out a really simple game and go for it.
>>
>>16969157
doesn't rpg maker give you a metric fucktonne of assets so you can start making shit right away?
>>
>>16969210

it does, but you need at least a few days to figure out the system, and then plan your game around that. you need to play with it and get the little details before you can swiftly make your game.
>>
>>16969216
Makes sense, because I guess you need to figure out how to make areas accessible after certain events in the game, proper level scaling, all that shit
>>
>>16969224

yeah. just learning the buttons and shit. might not take you a week idk your schedule. but go forth. create.

then after that, create with some original assets. etc.
>>
>>16969230
Alright, my current term in school is over in like 3 weeks, and then I have a whooping 4 months to do whatever the hell I want.

Sounds like a perfect time to start to me.
>>
>>16969249

it does. congrats man.

[email protected]

i look forward to playing.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.