[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a habit of using a knife (surgery knives) to peel my fingers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1458819706713.jpg (35 KB, 500x509) Image search: [Google]
1458819706713.jpg
35 KB, 500x509
I have a habit of using a knife (surgery knives) to peel my fingers
How do I quit this?
>>
Cut off your fingers
>>
>>16968385
>peel my fingers
Whoa, what? I'm gonna need more details, and pictures if possible.
>>
File: 1.jpg (198 KB, 816x1023) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
198 KB, 816x1023
>>16968415
This
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-28-15-40-46.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-28-15-40-46.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
>>16968415
>>16968429
I am sorry
>>
>>16968448
Details, man. What exactly do you do to your fingers? Do you peel the skin off your fingertips? How did this start? How often do you do this? What comples you to it? Have you tried quitting? If yes, why did it fail?
>>
>>16968448
Fuck that is nasty. You should definitely go to a doctor.
>>
>>16968458
>What exactly do you do to your fingers?
I slide the knife over the head of my finger and its also over its sides trying to peel the upper skin
> Do you peel the skin off your fingertips?
Yes, there too
>How did this start?
I have been doing this since a very young age
At first I used my teeth but now I use teeth, a nail clipper or a knife

>How often do you do this?
I do it whenever I am doing nothing with my hands and no one is seeing me

>What comples you to it?
Upper skin has a satisfying thickness that I enjoy biting
Also the feeling of the skin being peeled
And when I am using a knife or a clipper I usually try to make a repetitive cut or a cut of large surface
> Have you tried quitting?
I have
I am embarrassed of it because it is disgusting

> If yes, why did it fail?
It doesn't seem like my mind considers the embarrassment enough for me to stop

>>16968460
Sorry
And thanks for the advice I will consider it
>>
>>16968507
So is this something you do uncosciously? Also, seeing a doctor would probably be a good idea.
>>
>>16968515
It's unconscious
Yes I will see one actually
Thanks
>>
https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Excoriation_disorder

gotta go see a therapist dude. nobody wants to hear it but if you want to be an adult and handle your shit, this is the thing you gotta do.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.