[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wisedom Teeth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: wisdom_teeth.jpg (42 KB, 400x331) Image search: [Google]
wisdom_teeth.jpg
42 KB, 400x331
I need advice about my wisedom teeth. I don't know if I should let them grow in or not? I have lost a front tooth and have a small gap. I was thinking maybe letting them grow in up top so maybe it'll close the gap I have? I have no idea, please send help. I will post the current state of my teeth on request.
>>
Get them removed. Letting them grow in will not properly close the gap in your teeth. Just get a prosthetic tooth if you want the gap closed. They do it incredibly cheap in Mexico.
>>
>>16967808
>I don't know if I should let them grow in or not?
That would be a really good thing to ask a dentist, since they'll be able to tell if you have enough space for them. I don't think it'd affect a gap from losing a front tooth though.
>>
>>16967814
>>16967821
Fucking idiots, wisdom teeth are suppost to growth through naturally, the modern diet fucks up our teeth and facial bone structure. Why do you think indigenous populations all show structural similarity
>>
>>16967814
>Letting them grow in will not properly close the gap in your teeth.
This. And that's assuming they grow in properly at all; many times they don't.
>>
>>16967832
>why do nearly isolated populations of natives look alike

I don't know.
>>
File: 1427614753334.png (32 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
1427614753334.png
32 KB, 321x322
>>16967832
>the modern diet fucks up our teeth and facial bone structure
I don't think you have a firm grasp on skeletal development
>>
>>16967814
>Mexico
Uhhhh, no thanks.
>>16967821
Just moved states and have yet to find a dentist or get insurance. I plan on it though, looking for that job.
>>16967832
Sound advice I suppose. Thanks.
>>
>>16967832
>the modern diet fucks up our teeth and facial bone structure.
How so? Can you show a mechanism of action for this? It's true that aboriginal populations tend to have way fewer problems with their wisdom teeth, but this is the first time I've heard diet put forth as a cause for that.
>>
>>16967842
My father had the entirety of his teeth replaced with prosthetic implants from Mexico. It took about four trips for the entire mouth. He's had it for years now and has no problems. Just because they're Mexican doesn't mean they're shit, bro.
>>
File: clip_image007.jpg (20 KB, 400x234) Image search: [Google]
clip_image007.jpg
20 KB, 400x234
>>16967845
>>16967839
Facial bone structure is nearly 100% determined by environmental factors

(mouthbreathing, hardness of diet, oral posture, whether or not you were breasfed..)

This is not the same as saying attractiveness is non-genetic. A foward grown face doesn't necessarily make you attractive but it helps most of the time
>>
Maybe this will help? Wreck my shit.
>>
>>16967888
Nice trips. You can always get braces now.
>>
>>16967892
I'm still jobless and have yet to get insurance. I don't really want braces. I don't give a shit and hate going to the dentist. I mainly just want advice on the wisedom teeth. But thanks anyway anon.
>>
>>16967808
I just had my wisdom teeth removed. Here's what I learned during the consult and after the surgery.

Most people need their wisdom teeth extracted when they are impacted, infected or develop a cavity. The reason for this is because they can cause a lot of pain and can't be drilled/filled normally due to lack of access. Normally a person has their wisdom teeth removed when they're in their late teens because teeth calcify over time and this makes them difficult to remove later for whatever reason.

As far as I'm aware wisdom teeth DO NOT push your other teeth forward.

The surgery was painless for me (they didn't knock me out, just get me super fucking high with laughing gas and an IV drip). The recovery time lasted about two days.
>>
>>16967898
THANKS FOR NOT BEING AN AUTIST. Very sound advice and thanks for sharing your experience. <3
>>
Anyone else browsing the thread please feel free to share your wisedom teeth experiences. I fucking hate the dentist so any stories might make or break my decision.
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 640x480
I lost my teeth in Vietnam.
>>
>>16967922
My dentist told me I would be groggy but conscious throughout the entire thing so I could assist in the operation. I spent an entire week talking myself up going "alright, there's no way this will be as shit as you figure. Don't worry."

Then on the day of the operation he sat me down and gave me some gas. "Alright, just count back from ten for me." I made it to about 8 before I found myself dazed out of my mind in a wheelchair being taken outside.

I was so high from the gas that I spent the hour drive back with my grandmother talking about how I savagely fucked several girls that year and made one call me He-man.
>>
>>16967931
>my grandmother talking about how I savagely fucked several girls that year and made one call me He-man
Kek, thanks for the reply anon.
>>
>>16967888
OMG it really looks bad. Thats not how your theeth supposed to be. Get braces if you care about your looks...
>>
File: reescreeee.jpg (54 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
reescreeee.jpg
54 KB, 640x480
>>16967959
IT'S NOT A PHASE MOM THIS IS WHO I AM.
>>
>theeth
God damn niggers.
>>
>>16967808
Yes it will.

I lost one of my second molars to cavities and the 3rd just moved into its place.

There was a very tiny gap at first, but now it's the same as all the others.
>>
>>16968053
Very noice, thanks for sharing.
>>
File: tom cruise.jpg (92 KB, 541x644) Image search: [Google]
tom cruise.jpg
92 KB, 541x644
>>16967888
>>16967974
Absolutely no offence intended, but you have the same thing going on with your teeth as Tom Cruise.
Just thought you'd like to know.
>>
>>16968072
Hahahah, I don't get offended all by that. My bf calls me "Tom Cruise" sometimes.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.