[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My boyfriend is mad at me because I decided to vote for Donald
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 6
File: 1453103949505.jpg (281 KB, 1000x655) Image search: [Google]
1453103949505.jpg
281 KB, 1000x655
My boyfriend is mad at me because I decided to vote for Donald Trump. We were both on the Bernie train but Bernie is a failure and Trump is my backup guy. He doesn't like that though and wants me to vote for Hillary but I hate her. He despises Trump though, like he thinks bad things about me just because I want to vote for Trump. I don't care who he votes for though, honestly. I don't think less of him because he wants to vote for that harpy.

Lately he's been choosing to sleep on the couch and not talk to me. I feel like he's being a baby. How do I get him to get over it?
>>
>>16960639
>arguing between Trump and Hillary like either of them are less cancerous

Both of you are idiots
>>
Well he is being a baby. All you can do is talk to him and try to make him understand that whatever political views you have shouldn't affect your fucking relationship. Don't expect too much though, some people are just unreasonable.
>>
>>16960639
Your bf is right
Fuck Trump America is still the best
>>
>>16960654
Shillary is a bought and paid for member of the elite establishment.

That the GOP would rather Hillary win than Trump is quite an endorsement for him in my book.
>>
>>16960639
This is the most bizarre phenomenon to me: Bernie supporters who have Trump as their "back up." I have met several people who feel this way and it always amazes me, so please explain it to me if you can.

If you look into policy (the most important and overlooked aspect of every candidate) and philosophy, the two could not be more different. In my eyes, being a Bernie AND Trump supporter is completely contradictory in these critical places.

As to your question, maybe you should reconsider and reexamine your opinion on each of the candidates, and/or sit down with your SO and have a serious conversation explaining your beliefs and reasoning. Don't be afraid of critical conversations and reevaluating your beliefs.
>>
>>16960639
Don't vote?
>>
If he's making you choose between him and Trump, just tell him that you're going with the one who can't be stumped.
>>
>>16960673
It's a matter of lesser of evils. Hillary is a Zionist war criminal whereas Trump is just a politically incorrect asshole.
>>
>>16960639
Real question: How the fuck was Donald Trump your "Backup guy" behind Bernie Sanders? I don't think it's even possible for their personalities and political ideals to be any further apart. Do you actually know or care about any of the political issues at stake here, or are you just treating the presidential election like a popularity contest and trying to stay on the "Winning side?"

I agree that sleeping on the couch and not talking to you over political differences is extremely petty, although it's not uncommon for people to have a very difficult time reconciling political differences within their relationships. People like you, who really don't judge people based on who they vote for, are pretty uncommon, and it's important that you realize that.

On the other hand, you sound the very definition of a low-information voter, because I can't come to any other conclusion that explains you seeing Donald Trump as the next best thing to Bernie Sanders.

Can you explain to your boyfriend exactly why you want to vote Trump, other than your belief that he stands a better chance of winning? Can he explain what he hates about Trump? This might be a conversation worth having.

However, I need to point out that if you're voting for Trump in the primaries because you want Sanders to win but don't think he can, you're an idiot. If you hate Hillary Clinton, you should be voting against her in the Democratic primary, rather than giving your vote to a Republican primary candidate instead. Thanks to the party divide, moving your vote from Sanders to Trump hurts Sanders, not Clinton.
>>
Stick with god emperor trump
>>
File: 1435044306554.jpg (24 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1435044306554.jpg
24 KB, 251x242
>thread about relationship advice
>anons argue about politics because Trump and Hillary were mentioned

There are better boards for morons like you who always feel the need to express their shitty opinions, no matter how irrelevant they are.
>>
>>16960701
go back to facebook le normalfrog
>>
>>16960683
Yes, but at some point, when the evil and lesser evil are THIS fucking awful, you have to say fuck it and vote for a third party candidate. Otherwise you are submitting to the evil bullshit, validating it, and letting it continue to grow.
>>
Kek I'd hate you too if you were my gf and voted for that asshat. I hope you like being single anon.
>>
>>16960706
No, you go back to whatever hole you crawled out of you fucking retard. This board is not for political debate.
>>
Sit down with him and tell him you want to make your relationship great again.
>>
>>16960708
Donald Trump isn't evil though, he just has an ego. Hillary is legitimately evil though and has gotten people killed.
>>
Trump voters are the biggest fucking idiots on the planet.
>>
Dump him and get a HIGH ENERGY boyfriend.

I volunteer for the position.
>>
>>16960654
>>16960661
>>16960683
>>16960714
>>16960728
You have to go back
>>
>>16960701
>>16960715

Hi, >>16960696 here. I'm trying to get some answers without taking political sides that would help me to give more worthwhile relationship advice about OP's situation.
>>
>>16960639
>I don't care who he votes for though, honestly.
Thank you for being one of the only mature people in the world.
>>
>>16960723
Regardless of if he is literally "evil" (which is still up for debate given his ignorant bigotry and constantly condescending/uncooperative attitude toward all of the people that he would have to work with while president), he is still a fucking awful choice, at least awful enough to consider voting for a third party candidate. He has no political experience (and shows ignorance toward basic political realities with statements such as "I'll run it like a business" and "we'll build a wall and make them pay for it"), he won't get enough cooperation from congress because he's a stubborn unapologetic uncompromising ass, and his policy (again, the most important thing) is complete shit.
>>
>>16960736
Mature but fucking stupid
>>
>>16960736
>not caring about the future of your nation
>mature

Kill yourself immediately
>>
>>16960742
I only see one stupid person in this scenario and it's not her.
>>
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 1600x900
>>16960745
Anyone who votes for that sad excuse for a candidate is a fucking inbred moron.
>>
>>16960739
>ignorant bigotry
Yet nobody ever has proof of said bigotry.

>constantly condescending/uncooperative attitude
Trump is only a dick to people who are openly dicks to him or he's directly in competition with.

>he is still a fucking awful choice
Not really. His policies are pretty sound, Trump is pretty much a moderate.

>He has no political experience
A lot of presidents don't. You don't need 'experience' to be a president because being a senator or a mayor is nowhere near the same thing as being a president.

>uncompromising
I don't see how sticking to your guns is a bad thing. Better than Hillary who changes her stances on anything every 5 minutes and is completely disingenuous.
>>
>>16960744
Anyone you cared about the future of the US would want to have both parties burned to the ground.
>>
>>16960749
>because I say so
>>
>>16960744
You're a fucking idiot. Whether you manage to change one persons vote, or even one thousand's won't make any difference. Your nation will not change one bit whether one person will argue with their partner about who they're voting or not. But their relationship's future can be affected. A lot.

Stop posting, you cancerous faggot.
>>
>>16960761
Seriously, just stop. You aren't even talking about OP anymore. I agree that some political discussion is necessary to resolve a politically-based relationship issue, but if you keep going down this road this thread is going to turn into a useless shitshow.
>>
>>16960708
>vote for a third party candidate
People always say this but it's not worth it. While it's true none of the choices are great, I hate Hillary so much that I want to give her opponent the best opportunity to win. So naturally I will vote for her opponent because while abstaining or voting third party does hurt Hillary, it doesn't hurt as much as elevating her direct competition.

I don't think Trump is that great but he's a hell of a lot better than Hillary and I'm willing to take that bet, EASILY.
>>
>>16960777
>some faggots relationship is more important than one vote

Fucking communist, on the day of the rope you'll be first
>>
>>16960783
Fair enough, I think I would agree with your line of reasoning if I had slightly less disdain for Trump, but I can't bring myself to completely go against everything I believe in by voting for him.
>>
>>16960788
>deluded, narcissistic, retarded

Wow, the tripfag trinity.
>>
>>16960798
Your beliefs must be shit Pedro
>>
>>16960761
Not even worth responding to, I can tell by the way that you stretched your responses beyond reality just so you could disagree with everything I said that nothing productive would come out of debating you.
>>
>>16960801
Nice personal attack liberal

ARE YOU KIDDDING ME???? YOU'RE A WHITE MALE!
>>
>>16960803
Ya got me there
>>
>>16960639
He sounds like a baby, don't let him emotionally manipulate you into doing shit you aren't comfortable with. and next time just don't tell him who you vote for because it seems like he can't deal.
>>
>>16960805
>i have no rebuttal the post
>>
>>16960810
>>16960803
>>16960788
I always knew there's something wrong with tripfags
>>
>>16960639
Bernie still has a chance!

kek, no. He's done.
>>
>>16960821
>i have no rebuttal the post

All liberals can do is attempt character assassination just like Lyin' Ted
>>
>>16960639
I'm with you sister, I'll probably vote for Trump over Hillary too. I'd rather vote for a 1 term lunatic than a 2 term, bought-and-paid-for corporate shill.
>>
>>16960827
Mate I wasn't even arguing with you, you're just going crazy.

Seriously though, can anyone ban this faggot? He's just derailing threads.
>>
>>16960833
>mate

This is an American website, please leave

REMOVE OPINIONS I DONT LIKE! SHUT IT DOWN!
>>
>>16960820
Geez, ok, you baited me
>Yet nobody ever has proof of said bigotry.
No Muslim immigrants (what is freedom of religion?), America is bad because immigrants, god damn spics get out of my country

>Trump is only a dick to people who are openly dicks to him or he's directly in competition with.
Well it sure seems like he's in competition with fucking everyone then. Even if this was true, the fact remains that his tactlessness will hurt him as president

>Not really. His policies are pretty sound, Trump is pretty much a moderate.
Please tell me which of his policies you like. Almost all of them are ignorant bullshit and/or vague, based on no political background

>A lot of presidents don't. You don't need 'experience' to be a president because being a senator or a mayor is nowhere near the same thing as being a president.
This one is just fuckinh wrong. Look at history. Every single previous president had more political experience than Trump, often much more. Many were senators.

>I don't see how sticking to your guns is a bad thing. Better than Hillary who changes her stances on anything every 5 minutes and is completely disingenuous.
It's a bad thing because in a three branch system of government you need some sort of cooperation or nothing gets done. And yes, Hillary is shit

There ya go buddy
>>
>>16960841
>George Washington was a politician

Someone send this border jumper back
>>
>>16960844
Oh no, our very first president didn't have a ton of experience as a politician because he was a fucking general fighting for the independence of our nation. What a fucking apt and relevant insight.
>>
>>16960838
No, dude, you're missing the point. I couldn't care less for your shitty opinion and that's the problem. You're sticking it our faces, then cry and scream at every person who disagrees with you. On a board about fucking advice.

You're being a cancerous faggot, that's the problem.
>>>/b/
>>>/pol/
These are the boards for the kind of shit you're spewing. You will find a lot more cretins who feel the need to express their opinions and defend them to the death there. And you will also find better threads for your shitposting needs. Please do us all, and yourself a service and post on the appropriate boards from now on.
>>
File: Sweaty Sharon 1.jpg (40 KB, 360x384) Image search: [Google]
Sweaty Sharon 1.jpg
40 KB, 360x384
>>16960860
>Every single previous president had more political experience than Trump, often much more
>literally the first one didn't

Its over Goldberg
>>
>>16960869
I can post what I want, where I want, when I want

Go to reddit if you want a safe space
>>
>>16960870
See
>>16960860
Dumbass
Also he was a delegate and founding father so that's already more experience
>>
>>16960875
You're a fucking moron, kill yourself
>>
Is OP even in this thread still? I genuinely want to help but the lack of answers makes it pretty impossible.
>>
>>16960877
Nice come back, real mature, A+ debate skills

Try again Trumpfag
>>
>>16960888
OP is likely gone but got some decent advice before the shit flinging commenced
>>
>>16960841
>No Muslim immigrants
Trump doesn't want to ban Muslim immigrants forever. They have a large track record of terrorism and the count only gets higher by the day. There is no bigotry, it's just common sense. Pretending like it's not there is just ignorance.

>America is bad because immigrants
Citation needed. He has never said this.

>god damn spics get out of my country
Again has never said this.

>Well it sure seems like he's in competition with fucking everyone then
Or you're just imagining things that don't happen to fit your agenda.

>the fact remains that his tactlessness will hurt him as president
No it won't. We need a president that doesn't take shit and isn't afraid to dish it back.

>Almost all of them are ignorant bullshit and/or vague
Why would outline every bullet point in detail when you're so up the liberal asshole that no amount of explanation will convince you?

>This one is just fuckinh wrong
Grant, Taylor, Eisenhower, Washington. Looks like you need to look at history.

>It's a bad thing because in a three branch system of government you need some sort of cooperation or nothing gets done
Trump will cooperate but with what Trump wants there is no compromise. There is only sticking to your guns or pulling out. You don't build half a wall.

Again you're argument falls flat.
>>
>>16960873
No, you don't. There's a reason this site has boards, each with it's own rules.

Want to be a cancerous faggot? No problem!
>>>/b/
>>
>>16960901
>No you don't

I think you mean "No you can't"

Learn English; on second thought don't so deporting you will be more fun
>>
>>16960673
>This is the most bizarre phenomenon to me

Only if you think they are paying attention to actual platforms, positions, and real policy impact. Not when you realize the simple, easy explanation is that they are just naive idiots.
>>
>>16960896
Sigh. I'm not even liberal but clearly you could give a shit.

Banning immigrants based on religion is an awful idea. We are a nation founded on religious freedom. Doing so would only serve to increase the hatred between Muslims and non-Muslims. There are alternatives.

Obviously *citation needed because I'm not quoting him, I'm summarizing his genral thesis with slightly hyperbole.

Not imagining it, he is disliked by both parties, by the current white house officials, and by everyone else that's not a Trumpfag.

Again, compromise is necessary. The same people who support Trump complain both that Obama has been too compromising in his beliefs and that he hasn't been able to get enough done. Those three things are contradictory.

Trump has zero experience. Zero. The people you listed had some, albeit little. Regardless, your point is pretty much irrelevant because in the modern era of politics (of which none of those presidents are from) you need experience. Any way you spin it lack of experience is a negative.
>>
>>16960925
>trump can't be president says nervous man for the 8th time this year

I makes me hard to see you fuckers cower in fear
>>
>>16960896
Also, props on
>You don't build half a wall

10/10 line
>>
>>16960931
Trump shouldn't be president, but that doesn't mean he won't be. I would never underestimate the ignorance and stupidity of the general populace like that.
>>
Your boyfriend is a giant baby. If you want to go the low effort way, just lie. It's not like he'll know who you voted for. Or you can tell him the truth, which is that he needs to get over himself and stop being a moody bitch. How do you even survive if you're that sensitive to other people disagreeing with you? Jesus Christ.
>>
>>16960939
>everyone else is an idiot but me

Spoken like a true fedora
>>
>>16960925
>Banning immigrants based on religion is an awful idea
It's not really banning, it's just temporarily restricting. Again, religious freedom or not, when it puts lives at stake then something needs to be done. There are no alternatives, it's either restrict them or allow them in and get killed. The choice is clear.

>I'm summarizing his genral thesis with slightly hyperbole.
More like "I've spinned things and made up stuff he said because I don't like him."

>he is disliked by both parties
Not because he attacks everyone in those parties. He is disliked because he doesn't follow the rules and he isn't anchored down by political correctness or bribes. He is the democrat's biggest threat and the GOP's biggest problem. That doesn't make him bad, in fact the opposite it makes him good. He's not someone that the GOP prepped up and threw out there.

>Again, compromise is necessary.
Explain to me where the compromise is in any of his stances besides "Not doing it."

>Trump has zero experience
And he doesn't fucking need it. In the modern era of politics, the president has tons of advisors and staff at his beck and call. You don't need experience in this job, you need someone that understands the problems and the core of how to fix them. You need someone with confidence and balls whos not in pocket of the big corporations. That is who Trump is above every other major candidate except perhaps Bernie.
>>
>>16960948
Trump appeals to the lowest common denominator. He yells, jokes, smirks, and talks about other people's physical stature rather than policy. You don't need to be smart to recognize that Trump supporters are idiots.
>>
>>16960639
>My boyfriend is mad at me because I decided to vote for Donald Trump.
Get an aids check because you've been banging a faggot
>>
>>16960639

Dump him and date me instead bby. I'd love to climb your walls ;)
>>
>>16960951
I have plenty to say in response but can't continue to indulge myself because this is clearly going to continue in the same direction. Thanks for the talk & insight into alternative perspectives
>>
>>16960888
I'm still here but I don't really want to get involved in a political debate, I just wanted help with my boyfriend.
>>
>>16960982
I want help removing socialist scum
>>
>>16960997
then go on pol. You'll find plenty of help there.
>>
>>16960997
EXACTLY, finally someone gets it
>>
>>16961003
The battle is here brother

/pol/ is preaching to the choir
>>
Tell him you'll vote for Hillary but vote for Trump anyway.
>>
>>16961012
What battle? Derailing threads and shouting at walls? Yeah, I guess.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.