[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best place to learn math
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1458712726690.png (52 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1458712726690.png
52 KB, 2000x1333
I recently graduated from university with a BS in biology and during my time at university I really found the I enjoyed mathematics. However since my graduation I often miss doing math, since I took a course every semester so I got up to calc 3 + linear, and now I feel kind of bored without doing it. Is there any place that I can learn more topics in mathematics or more specifically bio mathematics/ bio engineering?
>>
Have you taken statistics classes at all? Have you tried programming?

I majored in bio too and I went the statistics/data route with computers. There's a lot of classes online for this stuff for free like Edx.org, Khanacademy, MIT opencourseware, and Udacity.
>>
>>16960614
I never had to take a stats course believe it or not but I had to take a few computer courses. Nothing too serious.

Should I start learning how to program past making a few gui programs? I know when I took an applied bio math class they told us half way through the semester that we're solving our equations using a matlab.
>>
>>16960635
If you just want to to learn something so that you're not bored I would do programming but look up things people do with programming (like webdev, environmental modelling, statistical data analysis, developing games, and a lot more).

If any of them sound interesting then find the languages they use to do those things and learn that. If you learn a language with no real goal then you will just forget it over time. Might as well put some use to it.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.