[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here has a criminal record?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: pussy.png (557 KB, 686x438) Image search: [Google]
pussy.png
557 KB, 686x438
I'm a moderately successful person (academically) who will have a master's degree before too long. I feel like I ruined my life by getting arrested recently. I don't want to be too specific, all the charges are marijuana related, but the cop charged me with a DUI.

Who here has a criminal record?
How much education have you attained?
Were you able to get hired for a good job with a criminal record?
Have all the jobs you've gone for asked about misdemeanors (I don't have any felonies)? Do they all background check?
Did you ever lose a job at the last stage due to failing a background check?
>>
Why do you keep making threads about this? What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>16959970

1) it's a more relevant/interesting question than a million threads made by dudes asking how to talk to girls (do you disagree with that?)

2) I haven't gotten sufficient answers. I keep hearing about truckers/nurses/teachers and their issues with a criminal history. I want a bigger pool of responses though
>>
cmon
>>
File: 1371795534803s.jpg (4 KB, 124x120) Image search: [Google]
1371795534803s.jpg
4 KB, 124x120
>>16959962
>>
HOLY FUCK
>>
If you don't have any felonies, then stop fucking worrying.
>>
>>16962644

is this from personal experience?
>>
OP prepare to be treated like shit by everyone you interview with for the next 7-10 years.

Employers will google your name and your mugshot will pop up
>>
>>16963910

That's more what I expected.

They didn't take a mugshot. My arrest did not get published in the local newspaper. Maybe after my pre trial court date on Monday something will show up on google.

As of now the only way to find it is through my county's municipal court website. It's easy to find my charges, but there's no image or news article attached to it.
>>
>>16959962

Aight so if I'm not mistaken, you've been charged with a DUI, but not convicted yet. Fight it. Pay for a good lawyer, consider it an investment in your future. Try to get the charge brought down to something less severe.

What did you say to the cops at the time of the arrest? Did you say anything that could be considered an admission of guilt? Like, did he ask "are you high right now" and did you say "yes?"

How much weed did you have on you? Enough to be considered "intent to sell," or was it just a small personal stash? What state are you in?

It's not over till it's over, anon. Just because you're guilty doesn't mean your record has to reflect that. The American criminal justice system is fucked. Take advantage.
>>
>>16963952

thank you for the response

yes, i'm charged with DUI/possession/paraphernalia. the ONLY break the cop gave me is that I suppose he could have slapped on intent to sell. I don't sell but I had a large personal amount on me.

I've got the best local lawyer. He seems sleazy in a good way.

I admitted to drinking a beer a few hours prior to the stop and then I blew a 0.000

The cop asked me if I smoked. I fucked up and said around 1pm or 2pm. I should have said "a week ago" or just not answered, but I messed up. I got pulled over at 1AM so basically I admitted to smoking 12~ hours prior. And honestly, the officer did not ask me WHAT I smoked (and the arrest report reflects that), so if he wants to go that route, I will say I admitted to smoking cigarettes.

I am in Ohio, where OVIs (what other states call DUIs) cannot be expunged =\
>>
>>16963971

>I am in Ohio, where OVIs (what other states call DUIs) cannot be expunged

Yeah but you still get your day in court just like anyone else. It's not an OVI until the judge says so. Work with your lawyer and hope for the best, anon

I wouldn't be interested in helping you if you were actually driving around drunk like an idiot, but you blew a 0 and nobody is still intoxicated 12 hours after smoking pot. You were not actually driving under the influence, so you should be able to win the case

Stick with the cigarette defense though,if your lawyer agrees
>>
>>16963993

absolutely man. I really appreciate your response.

one of the worst parts about this situation (besides feeling like I through away my future career prospects) is the stigma that I'm putting on myself. I have to remind myself that I WASN'T driving around drunk being a danger to society.

the fucker took my urine though, which is where they'll try to charge me with an OVI 'per se' or whatever

this incident happened a few weeks ago and I really didn't want to consider that there was possibly a racial bias in the way the officer slapped all the charges on me and REALLY pushed for the OVI, even though I was clearly not drunk. but I've talked to some [white] friends who've been pulled over and subsequently charged with possession/paraphernalia and the cops have NEVER tried to get them for an OVI/DUI. maybe I just have bad luck, ran into the wrong cop, or said the wrong things, but man this situation sucks lol.
>>
>>16963993

my lawyer also likes the fact that the arrest report says I was "hyper and jittery" because those are not generally symptoms of marijuana use.
>>
>>16964005

Not gonna lie, there probably is racial bias at play. But that never sounds good in a courtroom, so just try to keep it out of your mind for the time being. Focus on the facts.

I don't really know how OVI/DUI laws work when it comes to marijuana. So I don't know if the urine test is going to hurt you or not. Because if I'm not mistaken, pot can show up in your urine days/weeks after you've smoked, but the intoxicating effects only last a few hours. What does your lawyer say about all this? Does he think he can win it?
>>
>>16964021

When I've asked him what he thinks the outcome is going to be he has consistently stressed that ,until the urine test results come back, it would be highly irresponsible for him to be making predictions.

Best case scenario is that the cop fucked up procedurally and the urine becomes inadmissible.

From what I understand the "OVI per se" charge is based off some certain level of some marijuana-metabolite related particle in your pee or blood. I don't know how reliable that is.

At my consultation my lawyer said he had recently gone to some lawyers' conference concerning OVI per se laws and marijuana, he certainly had some hints of confidence in his voice and demeanor, but I don't know how exactly to read that. I do trust the guy for several reasons, but obviously I am planning for worst case scenario.
>>
>>16964036

Good luck, Anon. I don't know what else to say.

As other anons have said, the "worst-case scenario" means that some employment options in the future will pretty much be shut off. But just keep a winner's mindset here. Assume you're gonna win it, and do everything you can to ensure that happens
>>
>>16964087

right.... quite a world we live in.

lawyer did say the possession/paraphernalia should easily at least get reduced to disorderly conduct

but man,

one dumb mistake fucks you for real!
>>
Bump for people who have similar job hunting experience or for suggestions on career paths that are friendlier for people with misdemeanors (baka)
>>
you dumb fucking nigger if your skin is white and you dont look like a criminal you are fine and have you NEVER FILLED OUT A FUCKING JOB APPLICATION BECAUSE YOU ONLY LIST FELONIES
>>
>>16965340

well i'm not white and I've filled out plenty of applications and many ask:

have you ever been charged or convicted of a crime (felony or misdemeanor) GREATER than a minor traffic violation

SOME only ask about felonies. MOST ask about both.
>>
Whatever happens it'll matter less years later I think.
>>
>>16965927

yeah, at least I don't have cancer :)

but i swear the stress of legal troubles probably leads to cancer
>>
Are you white?

If yes, then you will have no problems with your criminal record.
>>
>>16966800

am the opposite of white
>>
sounds like you actually made your interviews better tph
>>
bump

I'll be dead soon
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.