[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Since my parents divorced my father has become a reckless son
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: IMG-20160324-WA0046.jpg (16 KB, 590x295) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160324-WA0046.jpg
16 KB, 590x295
Since my parents divorced my father has become a reckless son of a bitch.He used his political influence to sue my mother and take everything from her,even put her in debt falsifying her firm.Not only did he leave my mother for a manipulative resentful and opportunist woman,but he also started a new family,putting all his resources and care into that. Since thirteen I have problems and I even dropped out of highschool.Now I'm 18 and finishing senior year. The worst part of the story is that my father swept everything under the rug and pretend that didn't happen.I have to be every week-end with his "perfect family" pretending nothing happened,or he will certainly cut his economic support and will hurt my mom.I want to kill him,or at least confront him,but I don't have the wit or the strength to engage him in serious conversation.Therapist is on "his side",or at least relieves him of his guilt.I don't trust anyone anymore.These last 5 years have been hell,Psychologically and physically,in retrospective,my adolescence just fucked things over even more. At least I want some insight please.
>>
>>16959862
Everyone's adolescent years sucked, you're hardly unique in that.

Here's a thought, you're 18 now how about you move the fuck out and make something of yourself far away from your old man. You would never have to see him again if you don't want to.

Join the Navy, that's what I did to get out of the shitty hood I grew up in. Half of the guys in my crew when I was in HS are dead now because of stupid shit, ifi hadn't left I probably would have too.
>>
>>16959880
How could I leave my mother alone? I just can't,she is the only one keeping me from disappearing. My adolescence wasn't the issue,it was just a plus.I don't want my father to get away with it,I need a choice.
>>
>>1695>>16959862
Find a way to ruin his business. Leak personal stuff. Put CP in his computer.
>>
Grow up. Grow strong. Get similar influence and fuck him over.

Grow up. Grown strong. Enjoy life and enjoy being able to support/encourage your mother.

The first choice lends itself to bitterness. People like that usually don't feel sorrow about it. Very little gets through to them. Best to let them go on with their shit and absent yourself.
>>
>>16959894
Sounds like he already did, you need to put away the revenge fantasy, it's not healthy. You want to be there for your mother and that's admirable but you also have to live your own life. And to me it sounds like you're using "ineedto help my mom" as an excuse to not grow up.
>>
>>16959911
You are right,but how do I prevent him from fucking ME over?!! He constantly arrases me with his money and my "responsibility" as a son.He is just like darth Vader,intimidating and convincing.I'm trapped,but just like you said,I want to grow strong to put him in his place.
>>
>>16959918
I understand you statement.But what does it mean to "grow up"? I would like to know.
>>
>>16959924
People like him are poison. There are ways to get away--level depends on how much crazy they have.

--absenting from life
--ghosting

Frankly, I want to live my own life, so I now live on a different continent. Makes it hard for anyone from the past to meddle with me. Takes determination and planning.
>>
>>16959930
Get a job or an education, move out and start providing for yourself. Stop having revenge fantasies about your father.
>>
>>16959924
Move far away and stop talking to him.
>>
>>16959936
Cont

I'm tenacious, so I put with loads of things to get my footing--degrees, experience, etc. Now I get to set the boundaries. Pissed some people off, but, lol, cross an ocean to come and get me.
>>
>>16959936
I was planning on going away for one or two years. Do you think it's okay if I just lend my mother enough money to live well? Or will she resent me for leaving her alone?
>>
>>16959940
>>16959946
I think you are giving me the best advice.But don't I deserve an explanation from him? Shouldn't I set this once and for all with a face to face talk? Or is not worth it?
>>
>>16959958
If you really want that then I suggest you approach him with an open mind, because it's possible that the situation between him and your mom may have been more complicated than you realized at 13, especially since youre worried your mother will try to guilt you out of living on your own, wtf?
>>
>>16959949
Where are you living now? I always thought that being an outsider never goes away.Nothing better than home,r-right?
>>
>>16959964
No. I am not misguided by my mom if that's what you are implying.I was bare witness in court,I know what happened.About my mom,it is me who feels guilty because she cared for me all these years,and now she is old,and I am young and I want to reciprocate,that's it.
>>
Thanks for the advice guys,I guess I'll just go on with my life and keep the distance,it is not that tragic after all
>>
>>16959954
Share with her that you worry about his negative influence and are aiming for distance.
>>
>>16959966
Of course I get homesick, but not having all that baggage every single day is a huge release.
Moved from USA to UK.
>>
>>16959980
It's always good to air it. Catharsis.
>>
>>16959995
Will do.

>>16960000
Quads of catharsis I would say
>>
>>16959862
Your mom got exactly what she deserved. She thought she'd be able to use the marriage/kids trap to steal your dad's money, but it backfired on the stupid cunt. It warms my heart to see something like this happen, because it shows that sometimes, SOMETIMES justice does exist in this world.
>>
>>16960040
You are mistaken. My mom worked all her life,she even supported my father financially before he got into his big fat government job. She's a very intelligent autodidact. I think that the resentment you have over women is usually justified,but my mom had a very hard childhood and she turned out to be somewhat reclusive towards standard society.
For the record,He was the one to divorce her to go marry a Jew (the bad kind that doesn't openly admit it is one but at the end of the day hates all goys) that sucked all his money and treats him like shit.So wash your mouth before you dare talking about my mother like that.
>>
>>16960066
That's probably how your whore of a mother spins it and has brainwashed you into believing over the years, but you probably know that on some level. EVERY whore makes up that kind of shit.
>>
>>16960072
Well,there is a delicate line between misogyny and social justice warriors,but I can't discuss with you if we don't step into the middle first. I am the kind of person who keeps an open mind about things,and I can tell you from experience,men can be as bad as women,not in the same way,but they both generate the same result.
>>
>>16960040
>>16960072

>waah I ignore all exceptions to my pre-conceived narrative and only dig deeper into my prejudices
>anyone with evidence that disproves my beliefs is a liar
>>
>>16960107
Found the woman
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.