[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As a guy with working-class parents, I worry at times that my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Leo.gif (473 KB, 500x210) Image search: [Google]
Leo.gif
473 KB, 500x210
As a guy with working-class parents, I worry at times that my girlfriend looks down on me - Her family carries more 'status', and are certainly wealthier. She is more accustomed to a better quality of living.

The romantic in me says don't be silly, but at the back of my head I'm always wondering if she'll decide to seek out a more worthy partner.

>We're both students in our twenties.
>>
>>16959813
As soon as she realizes that you can't provide for her up to her standards, she's going to seek out a more capable mate. Either make something of yourself or make her unattractive to wealthier men.
>>
I think her parents will be more concerned about how you treat their daughter, rather than how much money your parents have.
>>
>>16959830
This. Period.
>>
>>16959834

This, at least in my case of being the wealthy girlfriend.

>>16959830
This is not the case for me. My own career goals will not bring me the standard of living I had when I lived with my parents, and I never planned on a specific income for my SO. As it is, I outearn my husband (who grew up in poverty) and probably always will. I don't care.
>>
>>16959855
Just out of curiosity, you got kids yet?
>>
>>16959863

We aren't planning on having kids. I actually had a tubal. So no.
>>
>>16959868
Well, there you go. Often, what I'm talking about happens after the woman gives birth.
>>
>>16959870

On one hand that makes sense, on the other, I can't imagine trying to upgrade whist also being a single parent. I guess that's probably not the explicit thought process though.
>>
>>16959878
It's not a conscious decision women make. It's a subconscious thing, it's hardwired into women as a part of evolution. Most guys use the term "hypergamy" to define this, and the phenomenon is very real.
>>
>>16959928

>2016
>not selecting high quality women with an understanding of biology and the will to be more than an animal
>>
>>16959928
Got any proof? Just curious.
>>
>>16959944
Like scientific proof or societal proof?

Women don't exactly go around looking for jobless losers. Many of them have preferences for things like height, fitness level and financial or educational success. Some of them just say they want a guy who's funny or loving but they usually still go for a guy who has a "drive" and has potential, even if he hasn't quite made it yet.

And yes, childbirth/ovulation cycle will definitely effect what women look for in men. This is not only scientifically proven but it's just plain observable common sense. You're rare in that you don't plan on having kids ever, but most women I meet seem fairly interested in having children, even if they don't come right out and say it.
>>
>>16960011

I'm tubes.
I'm more or less with you, although I'm guessing you take this shit way further than I do. I'm also not >>16959944
Just letting you know you're talking to a different woman or a bluepill
>>
>>16959931
>high quality women
Yeah, IDK that "high quality" women exist. At least, not a woman who completely ignores her biology for the sake of a relationship. At the very least, a woman has to feel something for you, some sort of physical attraction and emotional connection. And unfortunately, the things women are attracted to are not always in line with what we think they "should" be attracted to.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.