[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Career Change
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: 1436272772197.jpg (28 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
1436272772197.jpg
28 KB, 400x267
I'm 24, I have a degree in Japanese language study and linguistics and want to move into marketing but don't know how.

I live in Japan, fairly fluent at the language (business level) but without experience/education I'd never be able to move into marketing right?

How do you do a complete career change into something you have no experience in but ultimately want to end up in?
>>
>>16958586
Why not talk to a career counselor for a marketing program in-town?

I'm not saying that you need to go to college/uni again. I'm saying that you could talk to a career counselor in the field and tell them that you're thinking about the field and where do you start locally.

Good luck.
>>
>>16958586
It is a myth perpetrated by business schools that you have to major in X to get a job in X.

Apply for marketing jobs. Your language skill plus your personality (assuming you have one) will outweigh any absence of book learning.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.