[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any advice on whether I'm being appropriate or not with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
Any advice on whether I'm being appropriate or not with my mother? Sorry for long post but don't have anyone else to ask right now

>she left me when I was 5, she ended up marrying another guy in the US
>I end up with my dad (horrible one where I ended up moving twice a year b/c he couldn't pay rent during my highschool years/)
>dad side of the family ends up moving back to my home country. It's just me and my mom now in the US.
>prior to this, I asked my mom when I came to the US if I could live with her, her answer was a NO (this was when I was around 7)
>ended up joining the military and currently full time student after separating from the Marines.
>increased contact with my mom (we live in the same vicinity
>she owns a restaurant + multiple real estate that's paid off

Question is, is it weird if I ask her for money/general financial support? My relationship with her is very "disconnected". She tells me "I love you son", but I feel nothing even though I'm 28.

I question is, if your mother was financially well off, is it ok to ask her for a few things here and there?

I just feel weird about it since I never grew up with her so I feel like I shouldn't bring up these questions since I'm not emotionally connected like a normal mother:son relationship.

Advice is needed!
>>
Take her to the cleaners or fuck outta her lyfe.

Honestly, if she hasn't given you anything why the fuck do you stick around? This is what is known as a time sink.
>>
>>16957972
she occasionally gives me money every few months.

but I have never asked her for any.

I bet the guilt is slowly eating away at her.

I just want to be able to ask her freely without feeling like I'm trying to use her.

I live on my own, but bills take up most of my gi bill pay.

Meanwhile, my best buddy from the service called his mom at 4am to pick him up at a metro station b/c he was too drunk. Dude is being so pampered and I sometimes envy his relationship with his mom.
>>
bump for advice
>>
To put things into perspective....

I'm an only child and my mom spoils me like no other.

When I was in college, she would send me money/spending allowance.

She has a good job so money wasnt an issue.

I asked if she could buy me a new laptop. BAM, she amazon primed it to my dorm room that very night.

All I'm saying is....a true mother would die for her only child.

Your mom sucks dude. If she's that well off, If i were you, I'd be asking her for all kinds of stuff and if she's a true mom, she wouldn't think twice, nor should you.
>>
>>16957962

Fuck. Wrote you a longwinded yet helpful reply but my browser refreshed.

Pretty much I was going to say that I'd been in a similar situation with my father where my parents got divorced and he remarried interstate.

There's nothing wrong with asking for help from your mother. However, be aware that she's obviously flawed and has emotional baggage she's carrying or has suppressed in regards to what happened to your relationship in the early years. Cunt's fucked.

Have low expectations of your relationship as you can't do much to change her parenting style and the ball is in her court in regards to healing the wounds of the past.

Take solace in how you got through your formative years without her help and use it for your inner-strength.

Trust yourself bro!
>>
>>16958325
I really don't expect much.

I feel no emotional connection when I talk to her or see her.

I just can't escape the truth that she was living her life while I was struggling.

The sad part is, now that I'm all grown, she keeps bringing up things about how when she gets old, etc.
>>
If she's financially well-off I think she fucking owes you.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.