[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Start noticing that people don't talk to me unless I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 1446516055665.jpg (36 KB, 500x566) Image search: [Google]
1446516055665.jpg
36 KB, 500x566
>Start noticing that people don't talk to me unless I talk to them first
>Start noticing that I'm never invited to hang out with people unless I ask
>tfw I discover I give off a strange "air" about me, and people just think I'm weird because I'm very nice

How do I change this guys? I'm not weird looking, I'm very fit, and I go out of my way to make people feel better, but fuck. I just want people to talk to me because they want to, not because they feel they have to. What can I do socially to make this happen?
>>
dude this shit happened to me, basically you have to ditch all those shitter 'friends' you have atm because they are just training you along. theyre genuine psychopaths, fuck em
>>
>>16957439
Well when all of the genuine psychopaths are you co-workers and brothers in arms at a life and death job, you can't really get rid of them. They are good people for the most part, I honestly believe the issue is me. I wish I could breathe confidence better or something.

These are guys that I will know and work with for the next 30 years, I want to be known as a good guy, not that weird dude.
>>
Please help me /adv/
>>
I've been told the same sort of things OP. I also have the problem where no one ever seems to start talking to me unless I talk to them first, as well.

I don't know what your default facial expression is, but I think certain guys just have a facial expression that just gives off a negative vibe, like the male equivalent of resting bitch face.

One thing that clued me in just a few weeks ago was when I was talking with my friend who was on speakerphone with his girlfriend, and I was talking her. She basically said (in a somewhat friendly/jokingly way that most girls do) that she and her best friend who I've talked to before think that I don't really like them. I asked why and they just said that I seem like I'm sort of angry or not interested in talking to them/responding to their questions.

It started to become clear to me that this may be why other people (especially women) seem to intimidated when I talk to them. I've always wondered why because I'm a fairly good looking guy but I'm only 5'6'' (you wouldn't think that would be intimidating).

Anyone have any advice for me? (19 year old male) Would appreciated it from anyone especially femanons,
>>
File: 1359396509423.jpg (52 KB, 898x348) Image search: [Google]
1359396509423.jpg
52 KB, 898x348
>>16958215
>tfw male with resting bitch face
>Hispanic
>colored eyes
People say I look like a murderer all the time
>>
I have this problem a lot of the time, too. It's honestly probably just what you mentioned, an "air" that is so subtle that for the most part you won't even know why you're doing it, and most other people won't be able to articulate it. It's something to do with your general attitude/how you come off to others/how you look at any given time (resting bitch face).
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.