[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need someone to talk to, please
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 125x118) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 125x118
Is there any anons here that will actually offer real, caring advice instead of shitting on me. I really need to talk to someone
>>
Please
>>
I'll listen, and I won't shit on you.
>>
What's up?
>>
In regards to what?
>>
>>16954587
If your problem is stupid I can't promise anything.
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 484x453) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 484x453
I posted in the ask everyone thread and I got shit on. But I'm really fucking upset and need to talk. I'm pacing around my house right now because I can't sit still.

A female friend of mine, who I care a lot about is going in a vacation to Europe and will be visiting a good friend of hers. Her friend is not in a good way right now. She's been struggling. Well, my friend (call her N) sent me this text. I think N's friend is involved with serious drugs. And I'm so fucking upset that N would even consider this shit. She's a smart, beautiful, and kind girl. She's been a amazing friend to me. And I just can't stand to see her do something that could harm her. This isn't like she's going to go get drunk, or go do something else. This is so much more serious to me. I'm so fucking pissed. I don't want to see her ruin her life. My friends mean everything to me. They are the only thing keeping me going. I don't want to see her get caught up in this shit. I need helpn
>>
talking wont help
working out
not browsing 4chan
cleaning your place
getting a job
stop masturbating
stop drugs
always keep 2000 dollars in your pocket for boosting your confidence
doing this will help (my own experience)
start by taking a long walk, anon.
you are alone in this unfair world.
>>
>>16954618

0/10
>>
>>16954615
You're getting p worked up over shit you can't guarantee happening.

That said, I've seen first hand how badly people who fuck around with hard stuff get screwed.

This is a real noodle scratcher. As a 25yo friendless kissless handholdless virgin it's hard to empathise.
>>
I'll talk to you man
>>
>>16954679

it's just I don't want this to effect our friendship. I can't associate with people who do hard drugs. I just can't. I don't want to see her slip. She means so much to me, as all of my friends do. She's just young, and wants to go explore the world. But I do NOT want this to happen. I fucking don't want this to compromise our friendship. Fuck

How do I explain to her not to do this. I need help.
>>
>>16954689
Take this energy and just straight up tell her that she means so much to you as a friend and that you genuinely believe she is making a bad decision.
You must explain that you aren't telling her how to run her life, just that you know what those drugs can do to people and you are worried about her.

The tone of the conversation shouldn't be:
>I don't like how you are using drugs
but instead:
>as your good friend, I am honestly worried about your well-being
>>
Talk to her, send her research on getting hooked on things (and research yourself).. there´s a lot of it even on ifls (readable by anyone).

Ask her why and why now. Why not wait until she´s old and it can´t ruin her life anymore (a decision some of my friends made)

Ask about what she´s thinking of, really. How far would she go and where she would get it from (again research on the shit that gets mixed in everything)

Trying some things once (for some people only) doesn´t end bad, but she may just go off the hook for a while "because she can"... If she promises (meaning it) to not do anything worse than majiuana or some smart drugs (are legal in europe, not really drugs per se), it doesn´t have to be too much.

If she does go off the hook, I´d just tell her I´d be here again WHEN she stops.
>>
>>16954706

I will do exactly what you said when she wakes up tomorrow.

I literally feel ill right now. I'm sweating because of this. My friends really mean that much to me. one time, one of my male friends texted me saying that he just tried coke. I literally jumped in my car and drive 50miles, pulled him out of the house, threw him in my car and drove him home and scolded him the entire time and said if he ever did that again I would go to tell both his parents what he does illegal drugs.

My friends mean everything. Like you said, I can't run her life. But I can't be friends with people who are ok with potentionally destroying themsleves. my friends are what keep me going. If they destroy themsleves, I'm done.
>>
>>16954716

I don't care if it's just pot. but anything past that I'm not ok with at all. To me doing hard drugs is the same as cutting. You are literally destroying your insides and mind.

She even told me "my friend has been in a bad way lately, she has changed". I wanted to yell at her when she said that "DRUGS COULD HAVE CHANGED HER!!!!" But didn't because I control myself. Fuck
>>
Be straight with her, I've personally lost some good friends due drugs,so just be honest with her that you are worried sick about it.
>>
>>16954748

I will.
>>
>>16954724
Good.
Again, remember this is about her and not yourself.
After you make your case and if she still chooses to do hard drugs you must respect her decision even if you don't agree with it. Calmly explain that even though she means so much to you, you unfortunately don't have room in your life for people who use hard drugs.
You must respect her decision and you should also be respectful when stating your opinion.

Good luck anon hope she makes the right decision.
>>
>>16954766

this is not about me at all. This is completely about her. Because I care about her wellbeing 100%

I screen capped what you said so I'll remember for tomorrow. Thank you anon.

I'm scared that this may destroy our friendship
>>
>>16954615
>Try everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6rP-YP4c5I
>>
"N, please listen to what I'm about to say, because this is very important.

I may be just a funny guy, and I may be only just a few years older than you. But I've lived in difference places, met many different people, and experienced many different things. And I know, 100% that if you choose to go by that motto, you will be making a terrible choice. I care a lot about you. Your safety, well-being and happiness is important to me. Our friendship means a ton to me. I don't want to see you make a terrible mistake that you will regret. I don't want you to make a choice that will only harm you, and possibily our friendship. I've lost several friends and had friendships destroyed because of drugs. I've seen great people try drugs, just once! And ruin their futures. There is a reason it is illegal, because it's terrible for you and only causes harm. It is terrible for your mind and physical health. You said that your friend is struggling, and that you noticed she has changed. If she is involved with drugs, that could have very well been a reason for her to change. Nobody looks back and says "im glad I did illegal drugs". Nobody. There is no good to come from this. So I highly, highly advise you to avoid this, think smart and say no if offered. Take care of your friend and go do fun things that are safe. Please. I've been worrying about you all night since you told me the motto of the trip. I know it would be a terrible choice and I can't stand by and see it happen. I care about you a lot, and I don't want anything to happen to our friendship. You are too important to me.

If I mean anything to you, you'll understand."

I have not sent this yet
>>
>>16954814
>If I mean anything to you, you'll understand.
Remove this, this is what I was talking about with the "it's about her, not you" thing.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.