[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright so I basically fucked myself up. The past two weeks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 736x552) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 736x552
Alright so I basically fucked myself up.
The past two weeks before this one I pretty much binge drank 4-5 days out of the week. I usually get anxiety the next day after drinking but I was able to ignore it and still drink. Anyway, this Sunday I was hungover and decided I should take a break for at least a week and I felt okay just a little tired but that night something happened.
I was in the middle of a lightish workout when I suddenly got this strange otherworldly feeling like the walls were closing in and my limbs seemed bigger than normal. I kind of brushed it off but throughout the night I progressively started feeling worse and worse. I got this buzzing kind of feeling in the back of my head and my heart wouldnt stop beating fast.
Ive had a really hard time falling asleep since and have had intermittent bouts of unexplainable saddness and can't seem to get comfortable doing anything for too long.
This has happened to me before and took about a month to clear up although it was worse last time. Got work on Saturday, should I tough it out or try and get some xanax or something?
Been taking a fourth of .5mg clorazepram when I really can't sleep but I dont have much left.
Its been almost 4 days.
>>
Also any anecdotes about anyone experiencing similar thing would be appreciated.
>>
Do you have depression/bipolar disorder? Sounds similar to mania. I don't drink, but there are times that I'll have an out of body experience, similar to what you explained while working out, and depending on how I take that experience I'll be hypermanic or depressive for a week tops.
>>
>>16954135
Not to my knowledge. Usually working out makes me feel more relaxed than anything afterward.
I do have generalized anxiety disorder and panic disorder to an extent though(actually diagnosed) but it's usually more of a nuisance rather than an all consuming thing.
>>
>>16954151

Anxiety can keep you up for days; you said you've experienced this before, is it a newer thing that only happens when you drink or has it been a reoccurring problem?
>>
A different kind of a panic or anxiety attack, maybe?
>>
>>16954163
Its been off and on for the past few years. The anxiety started about 5years ago after i took a little too much ecstasy one night with shrooms.
About November 2014 I had a similar experience after i was under a lot of stress, got the flu, then drank for 6 days straight. Felt like shit for a few months but the first month was the worst.
Ive been doing fine aside from a couple minor incidents of derealization when im hungover until recently.
>>
>>16954200
Im pretty sure I overthought that weird sensation and gradually gave myself an anxiety attack but it usually would've subsided within a few hours.
>>
>>16954209

Does anyone else in your family have any disorders worth mentioning? I know those kinds of drugs can trigger psychosis in people.

I can go for a few days disassociating and "wake up" not knowing what I was doing for the past week.
>>
>>16954246
I have a third or fourth(im not sure) cousin who I think has schizophrenia but it could be something else. Other than that my grandma has anxiety and so does my mom but hers is more due to drug use.
>>
Also I should mention I don't do any other drugs or take anything for my anxiety on a daily basis. If anything I only take a very small amounts of klonopin or xanax to take the edge off a hangover.
>>
>>16954271

Sounds like it might just be a bad episode of anxiety. If it keeps repeating itself you should go to a doctor to consider getting professional advice.

Do you drink a lot?
>>
I had crippling depression and anxiety that triggered episodes of depersonalization and derealization for a year or two. I felt detached from my body, like a ghost and that everything around me was warped and fake. I stopped going out because taking the bus or train or driving triggered the episodes and then putting myself in those situations made me so afraid that I'd get panic attacks from just thinking about the previous ones.

I got prescribed ativan to combat the panic attacks and like a dozen different meds for the depression but nothing helped. Ended up becoming an alcoholic because self medicating with booze was the only thing that made me feel even remotely normal and able to function in society. The medicine always gave me horrific side effects too, like killing my emotions or making me suicidal or clouding my brain and making me feel like an empty soulless zombie.

This is just an anecdote but Kratom pretty much resolved everything. I take tiny doses daily, like 2-3 grams and it eliminated my depression. When I felt like a panic attack was setting in I took a small dose of the red strain that causes sedation and relaxation.

When I started taking it I totally lost the desire to drink and have been free from alcoholism for about a year and a half now. Found out that many people use it to cure their addiction and alcoholism.

Nowadays when I get that panic feeling, which is rare, I can calm myself down, due to some CBT methods I learned from a therapist. I still take Kratom for the depression but only a few times a week.

If this keeps up you should consider seeing a doctor and a therapist. Learn coping tools and how to attack the root of your issues.

Maybe try some antidepressants as well. Or give the Kratom a shot. I know some people take it recreationally to get high but many people find that in tiny doses it helps combat anxiety and depression. It's not a perfect cure though but it really helps.
>>
>>16954300
Usually about 3 times a week and Ill have like 9-12 beers when i do.
Also in addition to drinking as much as i did those two weeks I was eating like oncea day and not getting enough sleep.
Im hoping abstaining from drinking a couple weeks and getting healthier will bring me back to my normal baseline anxiety
>>
>>16954404
Sorry to hear that man. I don't think ive ever been that bad or at least for longer than a day or two.
Yeah ive tried kratom before, once when i was going through that bad anxiety in November 2014. Some guy gave me some at a show after i had a panic attack and it made me feel pretty calm compared to how i was. Never really dine it since, can't remember the name whenever i wanna get some.
Also I don't like to drink to function, i just really like to go out with my friends and go to shows n what not. If I drink by myself it's usually after a night out and i have the next day off so fuck it.
>>
Anyone else have experience with this.
I'm actually feeling a lot better now for some reason but I'm still worried in the back of my mind that it won't last.
The only thing i seem to have at the moment is fatigue which Ive been feeling since before this started.
Also Ive had the runs almost all week.
>>
This isn't due to substance intake but lately I've felt extreme anxiety. Feels like I have no control over my limbs, or mind. I do feel kind of like a ghost right now, detached emotionally and physically. This has gone on for almost two days and it hit me like lightning. I also have anxiety in regards to opinions, like nothing I say is correct.

>>16954404

Kratom? I take that recreationally.
>>
>>16954942
The body thing is kinda how i felt on Monday.
Yeah im starting to feel the anxiety again, im at a show and everybody is drinking so im feeling left out and like something is wrong with me since im trying not to drink.
Im off tomorrow too, fuck.
>>
File: 1458752782484.png (188 KB, 420x551) Image search: [Google]
1458752782484.png
188 KB, 420x551
>>16954122
Honestly I would just detox and not try other drugs if you can. Definitely don't drink. I drank myself into permanent chronic hallucinations seriously, don't drink again for a while and give up binging.
>>
>>16955084
How'd the hallucinations start?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.