[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how well will japanese pen pal exchange work for me acquiring a gf?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: RIP.jpg (3 KB, 88x115) Image search: [Google]
RIP.jpg
3 KB, 88x115
how well will japanese pen pal exchange work for me acquiring a gf?
>>
Your chances of getting a japanese gf are the same as your chances of getting a local gf.
>>
>>16952365
So zero?
>>
>>16952365
why
>>
>>16952369
Yes.

>>16952372
Being white will not automatically give you a qt japanese gf.
>>
>>16952331
not at all
>>16952365
way lower

>>16952372
because she's not just spending a lot of time and money to visit someone she has never seen IRL and if you would you'd immediately make a loser out of yourself and the encounter would be so loaded with expectations that it'd be awkward as fuck.
the only way fro online stuff to work is if you can meet IRL and without the actual meeting being "a big deal".
>>
why are you so far away from me
I need help
And you're way across the sea
>>
>>16952427
It increases your chances, but not through a fucking pen pal.

Unless you are planning to go to japan I wouldn't bother, unless you are happy to have a pen pal for just that, chatting.
>>
File: 1441433627067.jpg (63 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1441433627067.jpg
63 KB, 1000x1000
>>16952331
>>
I think it's not the best idea, and I'll tell you why, assuming you actually want an answer and not just validation or to shitpost.

1) Distance is hard. I'm in a relationship that is interstate at points, and it's hard to make those bits work. If I wasn't in the same time zone as her...

2) Cultural differences. If she's actually Japanese, as in, a Japanese girl from Japan, these will exist. Learning her language isn't enough to jump over these. She will have different ideas of what is and isn't ok. If I remember correctly Japanese often people don't mix friends and partners at all, and keep family and work seperate for example. Also, a Japanese man may bring in the salary, but the wife often controls the finances.

3) Are you willing to relocate to Japan? A different country? Or do you want her to relocate. Either is expensive and it's difficult to be away from family. (Who may well be overbearing as HELL to a Westerner...which I assume you are?)

4) Fetishisation. You want a Japanese girl because you assume she'd be the best kind of girl. This is taking NOTHING like shared interests (no, her being japanese isn't a shared interest with you if you like the culture), personality, life goals, relationship expectations etc. This is a recipe for disaster.

If it's a thing for the asian look, there are asian girls near you, surely. But I wouldn't even be that specific, or you could miss something good.

It's not like it can't work, but there would be easier ways less fraught with heartbreak to have a sexual and romantic partner.

Also, if you assume she'd be docile because she's asian? Don't. People are just people. Women are just women. If you try to force a situation using people as proxies for your own desires and wanting them to fit preset moulds, it won't work out well.

That's what I think anymway.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.