[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Christian /adv/ice thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 20
File: the-lamb.png (652 KB, 1598x714) Image search: [Google]
the-lamb.png
652 KB, 1598x714
And He began speaking and taught them, saying:

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the sons of God.

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are you when men revile you, and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be very glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in this manner they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Matthew 5:2-12 - The Beatitudes

Prayer and worship: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqANd2aw8Mc
>>
Will God forgive me for my sins?
>>
File: mary.jpg (8 KB, 236x190) Image search: [Google]
mary.jpg
8 KB, 236x190
>>16950830
Absolutely, repent of your sins and call upon the name of Jesus and you will be saved

>Therefore I say to you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much. But he who is forgiven little loves little.” (Luke 7:47)

>https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+7%3A40-47&interface=print
>>
File: oneinchrist.jpg (11 KB, 208x299) Image search: [Google]
oneinchrist.jpg
11 KB, 208x299
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female—for all of you are one in Christ Jesus.

Galatians 3:28
>>
File: baptise.jpg (13 KB, 243x300) Image search: [Google]
baptise.jpg
13 KB, 243x300
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

- John 14:6
>>
So I'm super jesus freaky. Like really, really jesus freaky. I'm a theology buff who prays for at least an hour a day.

Aaaaand I write erotica for cash. I made $100 today. I do it all based on this guy's argument: http://www.jasonstaples.com/bible/most-misinterpreted-bible-passages-1-matthew-527-28/

So uh, do you guys think I should stop?
>>
>>16951259
Open up your heart to Jesus and read the Bible with the force and power of the Holy Spirit

I will pray for your guidance from the Holy Spirit
>>
File: 5000loaves.jpg (116 KB, 701x542) Image search: [Google]
5000loaves.jpg
116 KB, 701x542
>>16951259

Every scripture is inspired by God and useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the person dedicated to God may be capable and equipped for every good work.

2 Timothy 3:16-17
>>
File: children.jpg (14 KB, 435x312) Image search: [Google]
children.jpg
14 KB, 435x312
For this is the way God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

John 3:16
>>
Is it bad i touched my grills boobs?
>>
>>16952530
Nope I touch her boobs all the time and they don't feel bad to me at all.

Tell her Kevin says hi.
>>
File: melvin.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
melvin.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>>16952530
>>16952532

>If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away! It is better to lose one of your members than to have your whole body thrown into hell. If your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away! It is better to lose one of your members than to have your whole body go into hell. (Matthew 5:29-30)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MPHGt9LmfA
>>
File: cross.jpg (38 KB, 736x289) Image search: [Google]
cross.jpg
38 KB, 736x289
Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone will come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.

Matthew 16:24-25
>>
>>
File: bible.png (57 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
bible.png
57 KB, 300x300
>>16953119

Read the Bible cover-to-cover

http://www.biblica.com/en-us/bible/reading-plans/
>>
>>16953154
I'd rather get stoned.
>>
>>16950826
what prayer do yall usually do?
I usually do standard prayers like praying for forgiveness and praying for a healthy mind, body, and soul. I'll add in prayers for minor and serious issues usually affecting me i.e. stubbed my toe hope it heals/family or friends are dying and pray for them to get better.
>>
File: psalms.jpg (8 KB, 240x174) Image search: [Google]
psalms.jpg
8 KB, 240x174
>>16953190

Pretty much along the same lines fellow anon, I find ∂aily repentance of sins to be very important

“Therefore pray in this manner:

Our Father who is in heaven, hallowed be Your name.

Your kingdom come;

Your will be done on earth, as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen."

Matthew 6:9-13
>>
>>16953190
I do the Lord's Prayer every morning, and then I pray for five minutes straight to relaxing music.

Then in the afternoon (at around 3:30PM) I pray for ten minutes.

Then before I go to bed, I pray for twenty minutes.

All of my prayers are to relaxing music, because it helps me concentrate or something.
>>
>>16953376
What music do you listen to?
>>
where to find virgin wife
>>
File: 14579334046172323.gif (14 KB, 416x416) Image search: [Google]
14579334046172323.gif
14 KB, 416x416
Crusade when?
>>
O ye pollutions, ye hypocrites, ye teachers, who sell yourselves for that which will canker, why have ye polluted the holy church of God? Why are ye ashamed to take upon you the name of Christ? Why do ye not think that greater is the value of an endless happiness than that misery which never dies - because of the praise of the world?
>>
File: 20 VALLOTTON LOOK AT MY HANDS.jpg (67 KB, 724x450) Image search: [Google]
20 VALLOTTON LOOK AT MY HANDS.jpg
67 KB, 724x450
>>16954479

Therefore, take no thought, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ (For the Gentiles seek after all these things.) For your heavenly Father knows that you have need of all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be given to you. Therefore, take no thought about tomorrow, for tomorrow will take thought about the things of itself. Sufficient to the day is the trouble thereof.

Matthew 6:31-34
>>
File: 22-vallotton-pierre-pleura.jpg (34 KB, 599x450) Image search: [Google]
22-vallotton-pierre-pleura.jpg
34 KB, 599x450
>>16954481

Then Jesus said to him, “Put your sword back in its place. For all those who take up the sword will perish by the sword."

Matthew 26:52
>>
>>16954468
Mostly stuff like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-CnJIbcC9Y

Or this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJUIgV7t8C0
>>
File: The_Cult_of_Maggie.gif (272 KB, 700x377) Image search: [Google]
The_Cult_of_Maggie.gif
272 KB, 700x377
>>16954490

http://www.gotquestions.org/Mormons-Christians.html

Mormonism is basically White Man's Islam.

Like Muslims, Mormons believe Jesus was a prophet and a good man, but they don't believe Jesus is the only way (the way, the truth, and the life). Mormonism also teaches works-based salvation, like Islam (and virtually all other religions in the world: Buddhism, Watchtower Society, etc.).

Only Jesus can save you. No man can save you. No religion can save you. Believe upon Jesus' name and you shall be saved.
>>
>>16954524
Thanks for sharing!
>>
>>16954528
gotquestions.org is retarded bullshit. It's a baptist ministry, for god's sake. They don't even believe in evolution or gays. : |

http://escape2reality.net is pretty decent, though, as is http://christianthinktank.org.
>>
File: 1458797019881.jpg (27 KB, 684x474) Image search: [Google]
1458797019881.jpg
27 KB, 684x474
I'm no a believer, but I once was. Even though you all may think I'm in denial cause I remember a verse saying something along the lines that we all know God exists in our hearts. But you mentioned the watch tower people, Jehovah witnesses. I used to always "discuss" w them the Bible and get outraged at their blatant attempts to belittle Jesus's position in the Trinity or the fact they don't believe in hell or just salvation through grace. Fuck theeeeeeem all
>>
File: gnt_art.jpg (165 KB, 640x606) Image search: [Google]
gnt_art.jpg
165 KB, 640x606
>>16954652

Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (126 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
126 KB, 1920x1080
>>16954667

Jesus is knocking at your heart, let Him in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTlN3uFVznY
>>
File: vallotton-luke-23-crux.jpg (72 KB, 1404x1123) Image search: [Google]
vallotton-luke-23-crux.jpg
72 KB, 1404x1123
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:16
>>
“Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavily burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me. For I am meek and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.”

Matthew 11:28-30
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.