[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So it's currently my 2nd year as a computer engineering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
So it's currently my 2nd year as a computer engineering student, and I've been loving it so far. The work entices me, I have been doing well in all of the "weedout" classes, and I've been maintaining a decent social life to boot. There is no question I will enjoy the work provided I can find some. My college says that 90% of their engineering grads find work up to 6 months after college, according to a census they cast. However, I have extreme doubts about this. For those of you who are engineers out there, is the job market actually that good? I just don't want to go to college for 3 more years and find out it was all for nothing.

pic unrelated
>>
If you want an engineering job, market or not you will find one.

"The economy" is the lazy college excuse for not trying to find work very hard. Also, "I sent out resumes, thats all I can do!".

Dig everywhere, phone everywhere, move if you have to.

Yes there will be work but you have to work to get it, this is the real "weedout" class
>>
>>16950635
"90% find work" is very different from "90% find work in their field of choice".

Your ability to find a job will depend on a lot of things. Where you live is the highest on the list. Your flexibility is a close second. Some markets are growing while others are moving.

What worries me is that it sounds like you're going to a for profit college. You will have a harder time coming from a technical college than if you have proper accreditation and the ability to move forward with your studies.
>>
>>16950975
Oh no the college's engineering program has the proper accolades and certifications. It is also very reputable within the state, and certain programs it has are nationally accredited. I don't want to disclose it because I reaaaeeally don't like giving away even the slightest shred of personal info on this website.

>>16950923
Thank you for the advice, this is also a valid point. Most people I know who got engi jobs had to look for them.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.