[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it normal for my boyfriend to be ok with me having a crush
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: 4923155.jpg (89 KB, 338x450) Image search: [Google]
4923155.jpg
89 KB, 338x450
Is it normal for my boyfriend to be ok with me having a crush on someone else?

I thought it was a bit weird.
>>
He's a cuck
>>
>>16950302
It's weirder that you told your boyfriend about a crush.
>>
It's normal if you have a crush on a famous celebrity or someone in a higher echelon of social strata that you will never be a part of. However, if you have a crush on someone who you can regularly interact with, your boyfriend more than likely:
1) Thinks he's superior to the person you have a crush on, so you won't leave him;
2) Thinks the person you have a crush on will never do anything with you, for one reason or another.
>>
>>16950311
This. If you're dating someone and you develop a crush, it's best to ignore it and not act on it.
>>
File: wtf-things.jpg (77 KB, 640x434) Image search: [Google]
wtf-things.jpg
77 KB, 640x434
>>16950307
Do you really think so?

>>16950311
I didn't tell him I have a crush. An old crush came up in a conversation and he said he's ok with it as long as I don't cheat.
>>
>>16950312
>1) Thinks he's superior to the person you have a crush on, so you won't leave him;
>2) Thinks the person you have a crush on will never do anything with you, for one reason or another.

I don't think my crush is better than my boyfriend or anything like that. And my crush has feelings for me, way before I developed them for him.
>>
>cuck
>>
No. Normal guys feel compelled to pin you down and fuck some sense into you if you say that.
>>
Honestly, what other reaction should he have?

>gets mad: he's a violent asshole and it makes you want to leave him
>gets real jealous: he's a possessive asshole and it makes you want to leave him
>gets sad/upset: he's a weak faggot and it makes you want to leave him
>gets aroused: he's a cuck and you want to take his money and then leave him
>doesn't care: you get upset because you think it's "weird" and leave him

this is always a lose-lose-lose-lose situation. Given that attraction to other people while you're dating someone is totally normal and common, what's the point in caring? Otherwise >>16950312 is probably right.
>>
Personally I would be alright with it. We can't always control our emotions and crushes. But I would drop you in a second if I knew you acted on it. Or if I found out about the crush another way and you had kept it from me. Having it alone is not a crime.
>>
>>16950533
I would have preferred he reacted in dominance.
>>
>>16950806
Baiter.
>>
>>16950825
It's true. It made me see him in a different way when he said that it's ok. Even if it is ok underneath it all, i don't want to feel like my emotions are allowed to be opened to others.
>>
>>16950839

So you have a crush on someone, but you want your man to step up and tell you not to have feeling for someone else - a move that in this day and age is basically a red flag of being controlling and jealous, and is reason for someone to break up.

Yeah, no. If you want something, it's not going to magically happen because you hope it does.
>>
>>16950839
So basically he can't win unless he meets arbitrary conditions in a situation pushed on him by your lack of being able to control your attraction to someone.

Congrats on being a dipshit who expects her SO to be a mindreader.
>>
>>16950839
I actually meant you in the context of posting this thread and that specific reply.

Works either way.
>>
>>16950844
>>16950846
Well the problem now is that I don't think he is the one for me. I prefer someone a bit more dominant. I like territorial guys and he's not like that. My crush is very territorial and hates my boyfriend, I like that about him.
>>
>>16950856
Then fuck off with your dumb bait-tier thread, you got your answer.
>>
>>16950858
you seem upset.
>>
>>16950856
Then leave your fucking boyfriend, you dumb cunt, seems like you're only listing reasons to do it.
>>
>Confirmation bias: The thread
Ornery sluts shouldn't be allowed to make threads.
>>
>>16950856
Go get a black thug, I'm sure you bitch will love sucking his cock
>>
>>16950302
>>16950856
Lol this can't be real.

You didn't lose interest because of your boyfriend being chill... you just don't like him. What kind of shit tier excuse is that?
>HURRRR my boyfriend is actually really mature and listens to me without judgment huuururrrurururu
Thanks for the laugh!
>>
>>16950921
i don't think black guys are attractive

>>16950954
yes i don't think i like him anymore
>>
>>16950982
All guys are black when you turn the lights off ;) ;0 >;D
>>
>>16950984
no
>>
>>16950856
Who is the real man?
>the faggot that is in love with someone else's bitch and hates him for that reason (kek)
>the guy that trusts his gf and doesn't give two shits about your crush because (most likely) he is too good for you and knows how much of a dumb bitch you'd be by leaving him
I HATE when my gf gets mad because I talk to hot (and not so hot) women, it's not attractive at all, it doesn't show me how much she cares about me, but how much she distrusts me and think I'm about to leave her for someone else. I fail to see your problem, but if you want advice I'd go with this guy >>16950913 LEAVE HIM
>>
He isn't a real man, dump him.
>>
>>16950839
>>16950806
>>16950856
and this is why attractive men with options don't settle down and string girls like you along
>>
Pretty normal if you trust your partner. People have emotions and feelings that work against their ethics and what they're working for in life.

If my wife had a crush, I would think it was amusing. I trust her. She wouldn't mess around. And she's adult enough to realize that a little feeling attached to someone else isn't life changing.

So long as you don't act on it, it doesn't matter.

If you want to act on it, and he's okay with that, then he's a cuck.

God speed, autist.
>>
If this isn't bait, you could quite possibly take the cake for dumbest bitch in existence.
>>
>>16950856
Cunt confirmed. Not only do you crush on someone while you're already dating, you initiate scenarios to try to justify your own bad behaviour by giving the BF a chance to react badly.
>>
>>16950989
Usually the problem with girls who are trusting but otherwise distrust you is that they perceive you to be a maggot who has no self control.

Learn to have self control.
>>
he's a cuck
tell him to break up with you
>>
My wife Has a Crush on some Adam Music Frontman guy. So yesh ots Kinda normal
>>
>>16950302
No it is not normal your bf is most likely fucking other girl.
>>
>>16950302
If it's on a celeb or something it's normal. If it's on some rando and you outright told him you have a crush on this rando, no, that's not normal. It means he doesn't give a fuck about you.
>>
>>16952934
I would think this too actually. I asked my boyfriend a similar question and he answered along the same lines. I felt the way OP did.
>>
OP b8 harder you know you fucked up when /adv/ knows this is b8
>>
Hilarious.

There's no answer the bf could have given to not come out sounding like shit.

At what point does sounding "dominant" turn into sounding like a jealous possessive shithead?

The only way to sound dominant about your significant other saying "I have a crush on someone" is "Well, you're mine, and you better not be seeing that guy anymore." Which is easy bait for "WOW, WHAT A FUCKING ASSHOLE TRYING TO HOLD YOU DOWN FROM OTHER FRIENDS. WHAT A JEALOUS PRICK."

OP is just looking for excuses to leave her bf. He did the right thing by saying "It's OK to think whatever you want, but you are with me." He trusts that you won't do something stupid. He made the wrong choice, it seems.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.