[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need to know about penicillin. -It can lower seizure threshold
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
I need to know about penicillin.
-It can lower seizure threshold
-I've never taken it before, and live 30 minutes from anywhere with epinephrine.
-Potential to screw up gut flora.
-Other forms of toxicity I don't want.

I have an infected impacted wisdom tooth, but am not keen on taking antibiotics. I've come to a point where I'm so used to having poor or erratic health otherwise that even the slightest possibility of negative change is not acceptable. I'd almost rather die of sepsis.

I also have visual snow, which apparently is associated with hypermetabolism in the left lingual gyrus and right anterior cerebellum. Wonder what lowering seizure threshold would do...

Anyone have any experience on if this shit is worth the gamble?
>>
It's 100% worth the gamble you fuckwit.
>>
>>16948698
That's easy to say if you haven't spent the last decade falling apart and putting yourself back together.

I'm looking to inform decent risk assessment, "fuckwit".
>>
>>16949054
On 4chan??
>>
>>16949054

I don't know your whole medical history.

I also don't know why you're choosing penicillin as an example. Were you told that this, specifically, was what you needed/is it already prescribed?

Here's why you're a fuckwit: If you don't take it, you may die. I assume that is more likely than negative side effects from the penicillin. If you do take it, and you just can't live with the new health problems, kill yourself. So the outcomes end up being death, death or the penicillin goes off without a hitch and things are fine. Oh, except you said you'd "almost" rather die of sepsis. So you don't really want to. So you need to just take the antibiotics.

Are you diagnosed with hypermetabolism of the left lingual gyrus and right anterior cerebellum? If not, stop doing this hypochondriac style.

I've nearly been killed by medication, and maybe that's not as bad as what you've gone through, but you sound dramatic and paranoid.

You already know what you really want to do.

So do that and stop ruminating on a cambodian flower arranging board.
>>
>>16949066
Obviously I won't take anything (4chan or otherwise) as an absolute truth, but I will think about it.
>>
Shut your dotcom md ass.

If you're that fucking worried, drink vodka. Kills the pain, kills the localised infection (swish in mouth before each swallow), has antiseptic properties in your blood, and, bonus, you're drunk.
>>
Yes. It is worth the gamble. Penicillin is some basic-tier antibiotics and you need to use it because it can literally save your life.

If you're that worried, go to the ER and take it there in case you have a reaction.
>>
>>16949075
>I also don't know why you're choosing penicillin as an example.
I have penicillin VK, 500 mg.

>If you do take it, and you just can't live with the new health problems, kill yourself.
That's more or less what I've decided, and it's not a novel predisposition. The other possibility is allowing the infection to recede on its own and getting the tooth pulled before it becomes a serious problem and avoiding the other angle entirely.

>Are you diagnosed with hypermetabolism
I have visual snow. Early research on other people shows hypermetabolism relative to controls. Come on anon, you seem to know enough to not be deliberately dense.

>You already know what you really want to do.
I do. The ideal is to avoid unfamiliarity and the possibility of negative change, but I'm not entirely certain. I don't have a fever nor a visible abscess (the "bubble" structure forming over the tooth doesn't drain any puss, only blood), lymph nodes in my neck are not enlarged.

I'm really not sure.

>>16949080
I regretted drinking the rest of some old vodka I had a while ago. It would have been useful.
>>
>>16949085
My father is allergic to penicillin. Don't know if there's any strong heritability aspect, though I'd imagine it's possible.
>>
>>16949117

I have an obscure symptom that can't actually be clinically confirmed because it's self-reported, and that symptom is correlated with a disease. So I have that disease.

Riiiiiiiight.
>>
>>16949133
I don't know why you want to go down this road.
>>
>>16949138
Well, I actually do, to some extent. But it's not relevant for a number of reasons.

The probability that a tight clustering of high level "symptoms", that has been documented, defined, and evaluated, is actually due to a completely different underlying cause, is fairly low. Even if those odds are incorrect, wouldn't it be a bit more clever to have some caution and take into account the information you do have to work with?

I'll figure this penicillin shit out. I haven't taken antibiotics since I was 6, and I've managed to survive more shit than I probably should have. If antibiotics are necessary, I think it will soon be apparent.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.