[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where can I find a good or non boring job? 20 years old working
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 1zefloy-5575cb0f2b884.jpg (60 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1zefloy-5575cb0f2b884.jpg
60 KB, 700x700
Where can I find a good or non boring job?

20 years old working at burger King. Currently going to community college but I cannot live with my mom anymore longer.

I don't mind dealing with dead people or gore and shit. I just want to get paid good money to live in a 1300 apt and pay bills.

I'm good with computers and stuff but all I have to my name as far as job experience is burger king...
>>
>>16945689
Sorry for the mistakes, im on mobile.
>>
>I'm good with computers and stuff

Get CompTIA A+ and other certs. Get a helpdesk job and go from there
>>
Apply at local hospitals. Transportation aids usually don't need much experience.
>>
>>16945703
I don't have my license yet. Will be getting it this September though.
>>
>>16945702
How would I go about doing that? Trade school? There's a county funded trade school where I live in where they teach you the basics and more advanced classes to work with Cisco
>>
>>16945689

>go to craigslist office section
>apply for every single entry level job you can find

it takes a long time to find a good job, but if it was easy we'd all be millionaires.

i spent six months looking for a good job, finally got hired to manage an office for a psychic with VERY LITTLE experience. by which i mean i had no actual office experience but would pretend i did :^)
>>
>>16945723
Torrent some study books, watch some lessons on youtube, and take practice tests. When you're ready just sign up to take the certification exam.

A+ is comically easy if you've been the computer person among your friends/family.
>>
>>16945723
Cybrary.it is what i used to get A+ and Network+ certified. It's free, you just have to pay for the test from CompTIA. I dont really work a job where the skills are relevant but it's a tech-job dealing with 'the cloud ' so who knows maybe it will help me out a bunch.

It's pretty boring though
>>
>24 year old neet
>go for first job interview
>completely bomb it
>feel like a complete failure
God dammit
>>
>>16945910
You shouldn't think of it as failing a interview look at what you did and try too do better next interview
>>
>>16945689
Avoid retail if you can.
>>
Bump for interest
>>
Wait, you mean you want an apartment that costs 1300 a month? That's too much even if you make 68k a year.
>>
Have you tried multi tasking withbteo jobs?
.ask the manager for a partime schedule. Then fibd another part time job that is related to your skills or try to register for an agencie
>>
>>16947283
Here in nj that's standard lol. I currently live in a 2 bedroom first floor house 1300 a month. But I just moved here from a 1 bedroom apt for 1300 a month.

It took me 4 months to find the place I'm currently living at
>>
>>16947288
That's standard in a lot of places, sure, but it doesn't mean you should live there if you don't make at least more than 70k.
>>
File: 1.jpg (37 KB, 433x325) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
37 KB, 433x325
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTaZkf4dih8
>>
Honestly hate to say this but join the military any branch but reserve
>>
>>16947293
My mom and I split the costs but I wanna live on my own.
>>
you can get internet famous by drinking bleach, which will result in instant death, although it pays well
>>
File: bcf tube.jpg (121 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
bcf tube.jpg
121 KB, 600x337
>>16945689
high school education here... I have worked in sales and initially loved it until my company was bought out by another company and I was literally told "you're all being overpaid" then was reduced to eating beans out of a can on my lunch break. I now work for a factory. I make way more money than I did in sales, and the benefits are bomb, BUT I need those benefits in order to pay for my muscle relaxers due to what the doctor called "overuse" of my joints (a medication my MOM takes for her arthritis), and sleep aids to deal with the rotating 12 hr shifts. I put the cereal in the freezer, I miss my turn literally every time I am driving, and I can't stay awake during a movie exceeding 90 minutes. Believe me, new is not always better. Factory jobs can be awesome, but IMO they need to be more competitive. related: I work with a woman who worked for mcdonalds for 14 years and now she works with me and loves her job.
>>
>>16947299
THIS
>>
>>16947303
dude this is definitely not the answer for everyone. recruit in person not to people you can't even visually scope out via the internet.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.