[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Parking Ticket
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: POTASSIUM.jpg (70 KB, 500x528) Image search: [Google]
POTASSIUM.jpg
70 KB, 500x528
Happen to live in a city that tickets as much as possible to keep the oversized government running.

Ticket violation states:
>NO PARKING ON TUESDAYS 1:00AM TO 7:00AM

Parked at the end of the block, no signs there, no signs across the street, so I walk down, and notice there is one sign on the middle of the street that says:
>NO PARKING 1:00AM-7:00AM

The middle of the sign is not legible. No sign at the other end.

I make at most, $200 a week, I really don't want to pay a $65 dollar ticket. I'm 19, struggling, 20k debt in student loans, trying to get from the psych ward back to my University need to pay $550 to register and I can maybe make it for fall semester, then the rest of the money would be for living. Every bit counts.

How do I write my appeal by mail in proper "legalese"? I know I take the photos, but what explicitly do I say, like "I plead non-guilty on the grounds that ____" I'm worried if I say the wrong thing I'll self incriminate/fuck myself.
>>
This shit is pretty informal, so the shorter and sweeter you can make it, the better. Basically, because there are tons of these cases every day the judge is just going to want to get through them as fast as possible. Be polite, give her a good reason to erase the ticket, give a quick blurb about how you're a student, "indigent" and that this ticket would produce a "financial hardship" and thank her for taking the time to listen.

For your good reason:

>Section 2B.41 Placement of Parking, Stopping, and Standing Signs
>Spacing of signs should be based on legibility and sign orientation.
>If the zone is unusually long, signs showing a double arrow should be used at intermediate points within the zone.
http://mutcd.fhwa.dot.gov/htm/2003r1/part2/part2b3.htm

Say the only sign was way up the block and not noticeable from the parking spot and it's illegible.

If you can, take a picture of the illegibility of the sign up close (if it's really illegible) and one from where the car was actually parked and submit it with the appeal. The more you can make it look hard to read, the better.

Keep this all to two-four paragraphs, proof-read it like you're serious about this shit, and you should have a decent chance of getting it wiped off.
>>
>>16945700
and I should say you might cite the manual on uniform traffic control devices and that section requiring legibility.
>>
>>16945496

I'm from London, but I totally rekt a parking fine a few months back. It all depends on your photographic evidence and your ability to correlate that evidence with the framework of the letter of the law and guidelines the authority should follow.
Google something like 'getting out of parking fines' and read the advice of 2 or 3 sites. Find all the grounds you can legally use. Then read the specific laws and guidelines and look for anything where the authority hasn't followed it.
Once you've got all those listed, make a proper letter of it, like you're doing an essay. Stick your pictures in and refer to them, quote laws and regulations.
You need to make a bulletproof argument of why the authority was wrong in every way.

I wrote 6 pages, including 4 pictures and stating/referring back to each legal point three times. Fine overturned.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.