[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I realized today that I am completely unable to budget or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: killmenow.jpg (29 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
killmenow.jpg
29 KB, 400x267
So I realized today that I am completely unable to budget or handle my money at all.

I'm 24, 35k, wife and a kid all on my salary. It -should- work according to math. Here I'm expecting to be able to spend another 80 bucks on alcohol through the 1st, 200 bucks on my electric bill, another hundred on food after what we've already purchased, and still have 200 bucks left.

Before any of that, I have 310 bucks in my bank account.

I budget and I plan and I try to stick with shit and somehow I'm always out of money and shit is really starting to catch up. I don't make bad money. It isn't enough to be free with my money, but I should make enough that we aren't behind on any bills.

How in the fuck do I control this? My wife is obviously just as bad with it as I am.
>>
>>16944977

Its like this for everyone dude.

You arent an accountant and you arent lame. Money will be tight.

Its not so much you cant handle your money as it is wealth disparity. Wages too low for cost of living and what not. Go check out what rent was compared to average income in the 70s.

This really isnt your fault. Get angry and vote.

Also cut the booze.

Also wife and i make 100k a year together. This isnt angry butthurt talking. This is been there and educated in poli sci talking.
>>
>>16944987
I feel like I should at least be able to figure out how much money I have an allocate it appropriately. I figure that out and then it all vanishes before I move it to each thing it was allocated to. If I broke even, okay, but I'm not even hitting what I plan out, which usually has surplus.
>>
>>16944997
For that you need a spreadsheet.

Track every penny you spend for awhile.
See how it adds up.

Do you pack lunches to take to work? Smokers?

Do you shop at expensive grocery stores?
Seemingly small allowable personal purchases?(that game on steam you wanted on sale for 10 dollars).
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.