[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why wont stores call me back?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (66 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
66 KB, 1366x768
I applied like at 3 places last week and never gotten a call back. Does this usually happen or do I just have shitty luck?
>>
It's you who needs to call them.

Though going in and talking to someone in person is always the best idea.
>>
>>16943812
It's normal. Either they've got someone and they won't call you back or they get a weeks worth of applications and they pick the one they want.
>>
>>16943812

Most employers build up a few resumes for a position before hiring. They don't just call back because you came in. Keep trying.
>>
If you send applications in to big brand stores/chains, they have to interview you through that process.

A week is usually way too short for this, but at this point min wage jobs are an apply en masse level sort of deal. You wont get the first choice you apply to, so you gotta go and apply in bulk.

Also, for specialized positions, tailor your resume.

If for mom and pop shops, call back and ask whether theyve had a chance to look at your resume after a few days.

Also for mom and pop, email your interviewer and thank them for the interview.
>>
>>16943820
Yeah, I'll call them alright
>>16943821
Fair enough, and understandable
>>16943823
>>16943826
I should've turned in a resume with my application, whoops
>>
File: Saitama_OK.jpg (29 KB, 375x305) Image search: [Google]
Saitama_OK.jpg
29 KB, 375x305
Well I work at a store currently, and I know there
is a kinda "rule" that anyone who is already employed with that company even if a different location takes priority.
So even if it's posted publicly it could already be filled from within the company.
ALSO having a reference from someone who already works there is a HUGE help, if you don't know anyone you can literally just go in and probably chat up an employee and ask them if it's okay to use their name or for any info on spots open.
(I've done this a handful of times for people.)
>>
ive applied to like 90 jobs in the past 3 months...probably more..only 2 responded and I declined because shit pay
>>
Job positions seem to all get thousands of applications (regardless of where - it's the same in the Americas, Europe and the Middle East).
Most of them are bad.
If you can impress with something (anything) you'll strip out 99.9% of the competition.
>>
I actually get confused by this.
I remember getting an email or call letting me know I did/didnt get a job and it was nice to know they cared enough to review my stuff. I also got notified why they didnt hire me like if I wasnt experienced in specific things or they were looking for longer term employement or if they simpy hired a friend they knew.

Now i hear nothing back and i get confused if im even applying correctly
>>
>>16943812
Three in a week is pretty much nil.
There are thousands of factors of why they may not have called you back.

It's a numbers game. You need to make sure you have exhausted all your options. It's not about "Oh, I applied to 3 places this week....good enough!" You need to do so much more, looking for work should take a few hours everyday at least.

Also, follow-ups after about a week is a good idea.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.