[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
brutal manic depression
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: ab_winters4.jpg (35 KB, 304x309) Image search: [Google]
ab_winters4.jpg
35 KB, 304x309
dear /adv/, I just want perspective on general experience of what people seem to call manic depression or bipolar disorder. I'm a 22 y.o. man and it all started for me when I was 20.

>normal for the first 6 months
>manic episode lasting 3 months
>dark depression for the remainder

>alcohol and amphetamine abuse at all-time high
>can't remember much, but know that I was manic during the daytime and sedated at night
>do remember several psychotic experiences

>months upon months of unbelievably crippling depression
>since the start of this year, haven't been depressed, seemed to have snapped out of it
>less reliant upon amphetamine and alcohol, take days off
>today, depression hits me like a truck out of nowhere and for no reason

what's wrong with me? is it simply a curse? a self-fulfilling prophecy? I'm really not trying to be a special snowflake, I hate this experience, I want to put it past me. that's why I made this thread. maybe some of you kind anons have been through something similar or know somebody like this and could share some wisdom or advice about the whole thing. thanks so much.
>>
Seen this? http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07187tc
>>
>>16943781
no-- do you know where I could pay to watch this? I live in the US
>>
File: 1376471327629.jpg (5 KB, 265x190) Image search: [Google]
1376471327629.jpg
5 KB, 265x190
>>16943769

>just want perspective on general experience of what people seem to call manic depression or bipolar disorder

We are not mental health professionals and are nowhere near qualified to diagnose you with anything.

Even if someone here was a mental health professional, a few green text lines is hardly enough information to make an informed guess.

You need to go see a psychiatrist and get a full evaluation. This is a medical question and should be addressed with a medical professional
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.