[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mental Health
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: amazingthings.jpg (11 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
amazingthings.jpg
11 KB, 250x250
Does anyone have any advice on being happy alone?

Up until 3 months ago, I always lived with good friends and/or had a girlfriend. I since moved to a smaller town for a really good job, but I live alone and am trying to be happy but I cant seem to be.

Every weekend I go back to the town where most of my friends are (only an hour away) and we have a lot of fun. But during the week it gets hard. I live in a small beach town and dont come into contact with anyone my age really.

Anyone have any tips on how to be happy alone?
>>
>>16943642

Not very likely. Humans are social animals.
>>
May sound girly, but find something creative to do, long term. Like an online course of drawing or learning another language. Maybe write a screenplay, read or pick up acting. Or you can learn to cook or do some sport.

Long story short just find some hobbies and donĀ“t stay out of touch.

And there may be some local communities too...
>>
>>16943657
Yeah I should probably look in to some local clubs or something.

The other thing is this place is kind of a stepping stone. I shouldnt be here longer than a year and a half. So Im trying to think of it just as temporary. I want to just work on myself for now.

If I do well at work, I can move to any big city I want to.
>>
I am always happy alone. I like to describe it as finding your own happiness, and I have to say it's a real gift. Whenever I hear people complain about being alone, it reminds me how forrunate i am to not need anyone else in my life.

With that said, I doubt it's something anyone else can help you with. You will need to find it on your own.
>>
That image is a fucking lie.
Destroy it
>>
stop going back to the old so much
spend a weekend in the new town
and meet some new people

there are people in the new town
you have a better chance of meeting them on the weekend, when you aren't busy.
ask around. check craigslist events gigs etc.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.