[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What type of bag should a man have: briefcase, satchel, backpack,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: ernld.jpg (600 KB, 781x1063) Image search: [Google]
ernld.jpg
600 KB, 781x1063
What type of bag should a man have: briefcase, satchel, backpack, duffel bag, hiking pack, man purse, fannypack ? What do you carry your shit in? Where the fuck do you get your bags from?
>>
File: 01211458_52de0c699af90.jpg (40 KB, 540x630) Image search: [Google]
01211458_52de0c699af90.jpg
40 KB, 540x630
>>16943547
Depends on what you need it for and what you'll be putting in it. I work in an office and I only have a notebook and a few pens, so a canvas briefcase suits my needs.
>>
>>16943547
a man should have someone that carrys his shit for him, as he is too busy manning to be bothered with such things
>>
http://www.offworlddesigns.com/bag-of-holding-engineer-bag/

This is what I've been using recently. Not the cheapest bag I've ever used, but it works great.
>>
>>16943547
I have two bags that see regular use: a nice leather documents case from Custom Hide for when I'm at work and don't want to scream "this guy has a gun!" and a Maxpedition for when I don't need to give a shit. Both have enough room for pretty much anything I need to carry that isn't an overnight, both have a laptop compartment, both are well organized so I can keep shit where it needs to be, and both have good holsters in subtle places.
>>
>>16943547
A box. A wooden box.
>>
>>16943547

Most adult men have no reason for a bag.

If you're an attorney or need to carry around papers, you get a briefcase.

If you're in school, a backpack or satchel.

Sports: duffel bag.
Hiking: hiking pack.

That's it.
>>
>>16943754
Things I keep in my bag
>computer
>power cord
>pens
>usually a book
>headphones
>gum
>notebook
>couple of protein bars
>spare mags
>multitool
>little Altoids tin with antibiotic ointment, band aids, various pills
>phone charger
>>
>>16943754
>>16943774

Unless you commute using public transportation and have no office or otherwise, you're carrying too much and the bags above, and perhaps a laptop bag, are the only acceptable choices.

I have a laptop bag, recently a backpack that was gifted to me. I use it for work.

Otherwise, I don't carry a bag anywhere unless I'm on vacation.
>>
Use your anus.
>>
>>16943795
I'm not buying two pairs of headphones, two power cords, two phone cords, etc. I also need somewhere for mags and deep concealment that cannot be my office. Either way, any reasonable leather laptop bag is going to carry a whole lot more than you'd expect.
>>
>>16943808

Still a lot of shit to carry. I didn't realize you were carrying fucking extra gun mags around so you're already crazy. And I support guns.

You know what I carry every day? A phone, earbuds, pen, keys, wallet, charger. All fits in my jeans pockets.
>>
>>16943833
How big are your jeans?

Also, I can't wear jeans to work.
>>
>>16943854

Actually pretty small. I don't wear skinny jeans, but I certainly don't wear loose jeans.

Same goes for any pair of pants with two front pockets and two back pockets.
>>
>>16943863
I don't even keep my car keys in my pockets because it would ruin the line of my pants.
>>
>>16943869

...You're a weird dude. To each their own, I guess.
>>
>>16943874
Hey, man: look good, feel good, right? Besides, its not like the fob actually needs to be somewhere more specific than "in the car."
>>
>>16943878

I just think a guy looks weird with a bag, ultimately, unless they're really really stylish and it's a smaller bag where it looks like they're going somewhere. Generally it looks feminine.

If you can pull it off, go for it.
>>
File: 1391-2T.jpg (90 KB, 400x318) Image search: [Google]
1391-2T.jpg
90 KB, 400x318
>>16943882
>>
>>16943699
One of these days you'll get through puberty and want something professional.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.