[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to shave without getting razor burn?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: razor_burn.jpg (111 KB, 380x343) Image search: [Google]
razor_burn.jpg
111 KB, 380x343
How to shave without getting razor burn?
>>
bumping because i want this answered too
also pic related is activating my deep desire to pop zits
>>
Coconut oil - apply it before and after shaving
>>
>>16941077
Will try.

What about the addition of Apple Cider Vinegar, Aloe Vera, or Lemon Juice?
>>
There are multiple things you should do.

1.) Use a good quality razor. This really helps.
2.) Put it somewhere dry after using it.
3.) Disinfect your razor with a dash of rubbing alcohol before use (razor burn/folliculitis can be caused by the bacteria infecting tiny cuts from shaving).
4.) Gently exfoliate your skin regularly, especially before shaving and when hair is growing back to prevent ingrowing hairs.
5.) Use a very generous lather. Let it sit for a few minutes before shaving.
6.) Always moisturize after you exfoliate, especially after you've just shaved.
>>
>>16941070
Scratch them
>>
>>16941104
Oh! And of course never shave dry, and shave WITH the grain of the hair, not against.
>>
>>16941130
but that means never getting as close of a shave
>>
>>16941138
That's true, but the closer the shave means the greater the chance of razor burn. So do against the grain at your own risk.
>>
>>16941150
fuuuuck i don't want to have to choose between razor burn and a stubbly crotch
>>
>>16941070
wow that looks like herpes zoster

You might wanna have that checked out
>>
Get laser hair removal
>>
Don't shave against the grain. Just don't. Disregard that ultra smooth sensation, it's not worth the skin irritation as it's only going to last a few hours anyway.
Prepare your skin properly. Hot shower in your face, as hot as your face can bear. Let the shaving lather soak in properly, give it a few minutes.

And this might just be the most important advice:
Use a proper blade. And use a fresh blade every time you shave. That rules out disposable plastic razors and these Gillette Mach3/fusion/whatever as they are either too shitty (plastic ones) or simply too expensive to be disposed every time (Gillette etc.).
That means you either use straight razors (which is what I do) or you use Double Edge blades. Buy Feather (from Japan) or Derby (from Turkey) blades. These are probably the best blades out there and even though they are the most expensive double edge blades, they are still dirt cheap compared to these Gillette cartridge blades.
>>
>>16941070
That's herpes, not razor burn, folliculitis, or acne.
>>
>>16941101
For the love of god do NOT use lemon juice. It's bad enough on its own, but to use it to shave is probably worse. You'd need something moisturizing, basically shaving cream replacement.
>>
>>16941163
>>16941734
this

it's the herp bro, not razor burns
>>
>>16941818
>>16941734
>>16941163
stop samefagging false informations
>>
>>16941138
Try shaving with the grain first then rinse your face and shave against the grain. It always works for me.
>>
>>16941070
Wet shaving.
Nothing is as good as the trusty stick/bowl and boar
>>
I went with a double-edge safety razor. Watch some good Ytube vids on shaving preparation and shaving properly. Getting rid of my Mach 3 made a huge difference.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.