[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
computer suddenly stopped working
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 20160320_131638.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160320_131638.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
While online suddenly the screen went dark and the fans turned on high- making the same sound they do when it first tirned on high, but remained on and the computer would not respond. Unplugging and trying again returns to the same thing, and I comfirmed that the monitor is working.

Any idea what happened, and if there's a way to fix it if its just a part replacement?
>>
Detail ! Does the boot screen show up ? Your OS splash screen ? Or just nothing ? Does it do something if you press del, F1 or F12 while turning it on ? Does it beep when you turn it on ?
>>
>>16939205
Did you try turning it off and on again?
>>
Nothing works, tried ctrl alt del, turning on and off etc. Motitors remain black
>>
>>16939205
First, try this: if your pc has a power switch at the back, switch that off but leave plugged in. Then hold the power button on the front in for a few seconds. Then switch back on at the back and see if it works.

If not, sounds like either your motherboard or power supply unit just went tits up. Easy mode: replace PSU; if it still does the same, it's the mobo.
>>
>>16939205
This reminds me of when my fan blew a gasket. You'd probably need to replace it if there's nothing else wrong.
>>
could be your video card that got overheated and damaged
>>
>>16939205
It overheated
>>
>>16939425
if it was gfx card you would hear sound signal so its not much likely
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.