[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which board is for interior design?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Bedroom-office-area.jpg (265 KB, 1168x1000) Image search: [Google]
Bedroom-office-area.jpg
265 KB, 1168x1000
Which board is for interior design?
>>
none. /fa/ has some threads sometimes but they just post the same pics over and over again. what would you like to discuss? or just share nice pics?
>>
>>16938708
I'll be moving to my own place soon and wanted to read up on how to make it nice.
>>
>>16938708
this. you might be able to make an ID thread fit on /diy/ if you're doing your own remodeling. if just posting pics, you could probably make a thread on /b/ and some people would contribute.

also, not gonna lie, I came to this thread fully expecting some smart aleck to refer you to /lgbt/.
>>
>>16938726
>read up on how to make it nice.
4chan might not be your best source for doing so.
i'm into interior design a bit myself and what i like to do is just browse pics and then analize which aspects i like and then try to incorporate this into my apt in my own way. i like apartment therapy. you can watch "house tours" and there are also some guides on how to make a nice home and such. find out what style you want to go for and then search for that.
>>
>>16938740
I'd appreciate some advice on choosing the right apartment to rent as well.
>>
>>16938749
Set a budget that includes, food, utilities, all expenses you need to live every month. add everything together, subtract it from the total amount of money you make in a month. That remaining amount is how much rent you can afford. Take that number and use apartmentratings.com, apartmentguide.com or just Google apartments in "x" city and find ones that fit your budget. Choose the ones with the safest neighborhoods, which are most convenient to your needs (distance to work/school, distance to things you like to do, distance to bus stops if you don't have a car).

That's all there is to it. If it ends up that you can't afford an apartment by yourself, browse Craigslist for roommate wanted ads, and check out flyers posted on local college billboards/student centers. Plenty of people needing roommates.
>>
>>16938749
what do you need help with? this anon has mapped it out nicely >>16938773
>>
>>16938778
Basics like >>16938773 but also stuff like avoiding traps, what to check/look for etc.
>>
>>16938785
in my experience it's better to rent from a big company in comparison to private (people having one or two houses and renting out apts). they tend to be annyoing, unprofessional, stick their nose in your stuff and are greedy with maintainance.
there are checklists for checking the conditions of an apt. google that. you need to document anything that's broken before moving in (damages in walls, floors and such). else they can make you pay for it when you move out again.
>>
>>16938740
seconding this. also I decided to see what would happen if I just googled "how to decorate first apartment" and came up with some decent articles. some of it is "make sure you buy the best quality of everything XDDD" which can be good advice if you have a lot of money or don't need much stuff. but there were also some decent articles as well.

thrift stores are your friends.

>>16938749
always try to look at as many places as possible before making your decision. do the math beforehand and figure out if you'll actually be able to afford the rent and utilities along with your other expenses, plus a little left over every month in case of emergencies.
>>
Wouldn't >>>/diy/ be more appropriate for this? Iirc last time I was there they had their threads about designing and building their own little cabins and whatnot.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.