[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Saying "I love you" to my gf
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 500x375
I know this seems like a dumb problem. Let me start from the beginning
>gf and I start dating
>a month into the relationship "I love you" slips out of my mouth. I really didn't mean to say it
>she doesn't say it back. Tells me she really likes me but we just started dating
>I feel like fucking shit after that

Present day
>we've now been dating for a year and a half
>feel like the moment is right to try and say it again
>I feel like she wants to say it but she won't. I think she's waiting for me to say it first
>been trying to say it for the past couple of weeks but every time I'm about to I psyche myself out
>my heart beats out of my chest, my throat closes up, I literally feel sick every time I'm about to say it
>I think it's because I'm terrified she won't say it back again (granted that first time was a fluke but still)

How do I say "I love you" to her? I know this is a dumb problem but I feel like I'm on the verge of an anxiety attack whenever we're alone and I think about telling her. Any advice?
>>
This sort of stuff is why guys shouldn't say it first. But do go ahead and say it again, or else you'll keep mulling over this forever.
>>
My sister and her bf had the same problem... He said it too soon and she couldn't say it back at that time so he wasn't THAT eager to try again. In the end, nobody likes to get rejected when saying "i love you". It hurts.
Well, they took WAY too long to say it. But eventually they came around. Now they still aren't one of those couples that tell each other "i love you" all the time (in comparison to me and my bf, kek), but i think they are fine with that. It's a leaph of faith op. But i think you just have to risk it again. I'm sure she will be happy this tension is finally out of the way. And after 1 1/2 years i'm sure she will be able to say it back this time.
>>
>>16937972
the guy never says it until the girl does
>>
>>16937972
You don't have to say it you fool. Ur body doesn't want to let you for a reason. Is it true love? Maybe try whispering it while she sleeps.
>>
>>16937986
Thanks. Yeah I can tell there's tension whenever we're intimate. Like we're both waiting for the other one to say it.
>>16937987
I think she won't say it because she feels she's advanced our relationship more than I have. She's jokingly "complained" that she was the one to flirt with me, she got my number, she asked me out on the date, and she made us official. So I think she wants me to pull my weight and advance us to the next level.
>>16937988
I'm pretty sure it's true love. She's an amazing girl, she makes me happy and helps me be a better person. I know it's cheesy. She's told me I'm the best boyfriend she's ever had. Legit she thinks I'm a 10/10 on everything. The sleeping thing might work but we don't live together yet. We're planning on it actually later this year
>>
How old are you?
>>
I think this is all in your head. It's clearly a work in progress. Once you get it though I think this will be a big thing for you. I wish you the best of luck.
>>
>>16938081
I think you need to make haste friend. The sooner you get this job done the better. You are right to be in a hurry. On the right track for sure.
>>
>>16938070
I'm 24. She's 25.
>>16938081
Thank you for the kind words!
>>
>>16937972
>>16938044
Just spit it out, dude. You've been together for a year and a half now, and she's intent on living with you. Near as I can tell, you made it, you're in.
>>
>>16938097
Yeah be a man. Might want to just change ur priorities though. What do you stand to gain from speaking those words? You have more important shit to do. U need to improve and provide for yourself. Don't be a pussy. She wants a man.
>>
>>16938115
You're lucky u survived saying it the first time. She took a chance on you. If you keep this shit up you'll lose her. She will find someone else then good luck trying to get her back.
>>
>>16938097
Thanks. You're right, if she wants to move in I'm pretty sure I can say it
>>16938115
I am improving and providing for myself. She says I'm the first "man" she's every dated. (Apparently she was into skinny lanklet pussies before she met me)
But those words will take our relationship to the next level. Not saying them will keep us in a weird limbo which will eventually fizzle out and bring up questions if we're serious or not.
>>
>>16938146
Do you need her? Plenty of fish in the sea. This could mean a very expensive divorce. U got the right idea tho.
>>
You could try setting her free. See if she swims back.
>>
>>16938162
Need her? No honestly. I've dealt with crippling heartbreak before and have recovered. But I want to spend my life with her. She's my best friend and I'm hers. Why would we give up on that?
>>
>>16938181
Why would i do that? It's not like we have problems we need to work out to make sure we're meant for each other. I know I want to be with her and she's 100% into me. What would breaking up accomplish
>>
>>16938184
She's seeking your approval I think. Has she done enough to deserve your love? Maybe not?
>>
>>16938199
Your ultimate seal of approval. Maybe just give her a silver star rating? I think we're really going places or something like that.
>>
>>16938199
Absolutely. She's gone above and beyond for me. She showers me with affection and builds me up whenever I need it. She helped encourage me to go back to school and get a better career. She says everything she does for me is cause she thinks of us and our future and she has my back no matter what
>>
>>16938218
Wow. Just ask her to marry you.
>>
>>16938227
Haha not just yet. I think I'll wait till after we move in together for a little bit. See if we can handle living with each other. Maybe after the 2 year mark.
>>
>>16938227
/thread

Nah but seriously, just tell her man, you're both obviously very much in love and she deserves to know/hear that, just as you deserve it too.

Good luck anon, I hope you have a very happy future with her.
>>
>>16938238
I don't know who you are but I think I just passed a test. I bow to you kind over Lord.
>>
>>16938248
Thank you all for the words of encouragement. I think I've gotten all the advice I need
Cheers!
>>
>"It is a much more delicate thing to make love, and win love, than to declare love."
-D H Lawrence
>>
Why do you think you need to say "I love you"? Where does this need for a verbalized expression of love come?
You can show someone you love them without saying it, and they can know it, without hearing it.
>>
>>16938303
Totally agreed. Maybe op is an aspiring actor. All this is just him preparing for his next role.
>>
Would u mind sharing ur wife op? I might get bored later
>>
What's she look like? Post pics.
>>
I'm serious. You owe us pics mate. Pay up.
>>
>>16938115
THIS!

Dude are you a chick? Why do you need to say that? What bad will come if you don't say it? Nothing. What bad could happen if you do say it? She could shut you down yet again. I've heard of 13 year old girls in this conundrum, never a guy.
>>
>>16938386
Yeah don't worry. The guy is probably sleeping.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.