[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stuck in a rut.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
I've made a series of very poor choices and I now find myself terribly depressed.

>B.A. in Music Composition
>2/3s of an MFA in creative writing
>haven't gotten anything published in months
>no job prospects or hope for a better future when this stupid thing is done. there are NO jobs for English professors, which is basically what I wanted to do.
>same GF for 6 years. tired of her, sexually. too lazy or whatever to do anything about it.
>All of the people in my field (fellow students, mentors and stuff) tell me how difficult it is to find work as a professor/MFA
>all of my friends and family say it's no big deal and that i'll find something.

1 year ago, I used to be a relatively happy guy. I went out drinking with people on the weekends, had fun. Was in a band. Still got good grades.

But then my anxiety got really bad out of nowhere. I can't drink anymore because it just makes me worse. I don't have any friends left except for my girlfriend. And it feels like nothing could possibly get better. I've been in therapy for a year and it hasn't helped much. The anxiety just seems to take more and more from me.

Anyway, I'm pretty bummed about all of that, obviously. Wanna call me names or 4chan about it?
>>
>>16937345
Music major here. Majoring in theory. Is this going to be me?
>>
>>16938173

Yes. Music is a fucking useless degree.

If yo're good at music you don't need the degree. If you think you need a music degree you're obviously not good enough at music.
>>
>>16937345
A music degree is useful if you want to learn how to do it better. Go for the experience and training, not the piece of paper.
>>
>>16937345
why haven't you pursued an internship? You're definitely not going to get a job if all you've done is go to school. You need to prove you've had some practical application of your education. Look into fellowships/internships/teaching assistant sort of positions that you can do while you finish everything.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.